Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE37ES6300 - Won’t Connect to the Internet - Help Please.

(Topic created on: 15-08-2018 10:04 PM)
Graham66
Apprentice
Options

A common problem I believe but I can’t fix it.  The TV is about two years old and I remember six months ago it wouldn’t connect to the Internet. A look at the internet then suggested it was a software fault known to Samsung and a fix was being sought.  It’s my daughter’s TV and it still received all the channels but she now wants Netflix etc, and I am officially stumped.

Samsung have not been as helpful as I would have liked and asked me to physically take the TV about 18 miles for a diagnostic repair at my own expense starting at £40.

The software version is T-MST10PDEUC-2007.0, BT-G

I have done a factory reset. Sometimes it finds my router but won’t connect to the internet, now it won’t even find my router which is frustrating.

it says my MAC address is c4:73:1e:aa:44:78

ip address, subnet mask, gateway and DNS Server are all zero values

Can anyone help please ?

many thanks,

Gra

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Graham66 wrote:

A common problem I believe but I can’t fix it.  The TV is about two years old and I remember six months ago it wouldn’t connect to the Internet. A look at the internet then suggested it was a software fault known to Samsung and a fix was being sought.  It’s my daughter’s TV and it still received all the channels but she now wants Netflix etc, and I am officially stumped.

Samsung have not been as helpful as I would have liked and asked me to physically take the TV about 18 miles for a diagnostic repair at my own expense starting at £40.

The software version is T-MST10PDEUC-2007.0, BT-G

I have done a factory reset. Sometimes it finds my router but won’t connect to the internet, now it won’t even find my router which is frustrating.

it says my MAC address is c4:73:1e:aa:44:78

ip address, subnet mask, gateway and DNS Server are all zero values

Can anyone help please ?

many thanks,

Gra

Hi @Graham66,  The latest firmware for this model is actually 2008.0   so should firstly be upgraded and if cannot do that OTA  should download to USB.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE37ES6300UXXU/  Have you tried resetting the network  or changing the  IP Settings.  To change IP settings go to Menu, Settings, Network- select Network Settings, Start, IP Settings and make sure it's on Manual.  Select DNS server and change to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.    If by any chance you  have  not tried automatic settings  you could give that a go if no joy.

Some further advice also in this thread which may help https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Samsung-Smart-TV-stopped-connecting-to-internet-w...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi Graham,

Tell can have an acces on soft ap or wifi direct on network menu ?

0 Likes
Graham66
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I have managed to update the firmware to 2008 from 2007 but still have the same issue. Am I able to factory reset the TV which would include the network settings also as it appears these are retained. I have also update the DNS server settings to both 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with no joy.

the IP address, subnet mask and gateway are all defaulted to 0.0.0.0

Regards,

Graham 

0 Likes
Graham66
Apprentice
Options
Apologies, I am unclear about what you are explaining. When I look for a network router, it says it can’t find any.

Thanks

Graham
0 Likes
Graham66
Apprentice
Options
When I connect the TV to the router with an Ethernet cable it works fine, but when I disconnect the cable it will not find the router (or any routers) which is frustrating. Any help please ?
0 Likes
Graham66
Apprentice
Options
Ah ! Wi-fi direct and soft ap functions are not available.
0 Likes
Graham66
Apprentice
Options

I have now removed the internal wireless WIFI card and reordered a new one. Fingers crossed. It works perfectly now the software has been updated and with a wired router connection.  Just wi fi is problematic. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Graham66 Glad at least Internet working oh with wired connection, when you get new wi-fi card if still issues you can reset to TV to factory settings via the Start Set Up.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

7alhoul
Navigator
Options
Hi Graham So if the MAJ was installed and softap and direct wifi remains inaccessible is a problem that requires repair
0 Likes