Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE32T5300 No Teletext

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 12:22 PM)
Centurino
Student
Options

I've just taken delivery of a Samsung UE32T5300 32 inch Smart TV. The Samsung product detail page says it has Teletext but when I click the TTX/MIX button on the remote on BBC channels, I get the message "Not Available". Can anyone help get Text to show?

Text is great for quickly checking news updates and for sports updates and scores.

Thanks a lot

7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
There is a online manual link
That maybe helpful to you

https://www.libble.eu/samsung-ue32t5300/online-manual-931678/
0 Likes
Solution
Centurino
Student
Options

Response From Samsung:

"Due to broadcast changes it is no-longer possible to access BBC interactive services using the Teletext button. Please note, TVs that are not connected to the internet and some older models may still show some information if the Teletext button is pressed.

It is now necessary to press the RED button to launch BBC interactive services. Just make sure that your signed in to your Samsung Account on the TV and BBC iPlayer app."

Although on my TV, the red button does not work aswell.

0 Likes
grahamm7
Explorer
Options

But TELETEXT is still being communicated on the digital terrestial freeview BBC channel.  For my DVD box aka free view gives me Teletext OK.  It is also being broadcast on the FreeSat signal for for my Freesat HUMAX box gives me teletext ok.  So the RED button gives me Interactive services does that include the teletext service.  Which raises why don't they supply a decent user manual in PDF say on their web site.  OK so there is an E-manual on the tele but difficult to read as you are trying to manipulate the TV itself.  I think I have managed to download the Emanual not sure from Samsung didn't find easily on there web site.  If I had PDF good manual put on my Android tablet read as I learn the functionality  of the TV aka controls etc...  I have added a disk for timeshift and that looks on the second contoller what is all that about.  Oh i Know this is technological progress lets change everything never mind the user! Same with software aka Microsoft lets move things around and change things even though us the user has now become used to the layout and funcionality as is.  

0 Likes
Aztech00
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem with a smart TV, although I can still get Teletext on two other TVs and a Panasonic Freeview + box.  Initially the Teletext seemed to be available occasionally, and the internet connection would disconnect fairly frequently.

I should state the TV in question is not made by Samsung - however I have found a way to get it to work with the text, and would be interested to know if Samsung TVs respond in the same way.

If my TV is switched on, and then switched to standby using the remote - holding the power button down until the set has gone into standby, and then after a pause powered on again holding down the button until it is up and running .............. the teletext will work, but the internet connection will have dropped out.  Re-establishing the LAN connection requires a reboot (power disconnect) and re-entry of the password, and doing so returns the Text to 'unavailable'.

So not really a solution but if it works it may help track down the issue.

It is possible it might even be a security issue to prevent a bogus text signal somehow accessing the LAN connection - so they are mutually exclusive?

0 Likes
TR6Nick
Apprentice
Options

As far as I am concerned this has not been solved.

I replaced a slightly older SMART Samsung TV (UE32J5800) with the  newer (I thought) UE32T5300) because we needed another TV and I thought a newer one would be more sensitive as we live in a poor reception area. Anyway Teletext worked fine on the old one, in fact it works fine on the other two Samsung TVs we have. So it is nothing to do with the BBC, it is clearly an issue with T5300's. I rely heavily on Teletext for information not normally available in a single source anywhere else. Why doesn't it work and surely an update of software could resolve it.

This seems to be a pattern of Samsung coming up with excuses. I had a series of emails saying because my (other) TV was old, after a certain date it would no longer support ITV Hub. That date has passed and the TV still works fine!!

Come on Samsung get this sorted, PLEASE!!!

0 Likes
AnnW38
First Poster
Options

Did you solve the problem. We're facing the same thing with our new Samsung. We use the BBC Ceefax pages a lot and they're still available on our other tvs.

0 Likes
TR6Nick
Apprentice
Options

No the problem was not resolved.

I went back to Argos where I bought the TV and after some discussion they said they would exchange my TV if I found one that had text. I went into Currys and asked their sales people who said there weren't any new TVs with text nowadays. I have to assume that to include text on a TV they have to pay a royalty, so removing that very useful function saves them a couple of bob. I still miss it, it's a real pain not being able to quickly check news and sport etc. I have always liked Samsung but my opinion has changed now!!

If you ever find a solution, please let me know!!!

0 Likes