Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE24N430 - can channels via a Sky Box be recorded by this model?

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 09:30 PM)
Tony H
First Poster
Options

I recently bought a Samsung UE24N430, primarily so that I could record Freeview channels. But at present I only have a satellite dish, not an aerial. I am using this to watch the free-to-view channels available on my Sky Box (subscription lapsed) as an external device on the Samsung, and am making use of BBC iplayer, ITV Hub etc.

Am I correct in assuming that those channels cannot be set up to be recorded by this Samsung model?  They include most of the Freeview Channels I want so that would save the cost of an aerial.  Or is it the case that if I want to record the Freeview channels available directly on the Samsung TV via TV Plus I have no option other than to buy an aerial? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tony H  yes, I am afraid the only option if you wish to  view and record Freeview channels via the TV  is through an aerial, that is how the system works.  https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/equipment#:~:text=To%20get%20Freeview%2C%20you%20need,we%20recommend... 

whilst you may be able to view  some the same channels via the Sky Box that is Free  To Air Satellite.  As you are likely aware BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub work via the Internet.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Tony H
First Poster
Options

Thanks James.

0 Likes