Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UA43MU6100 showing no content found on HDD

(Topic created on: 16-07-2018 11:09 PM)
Ryanflack
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have had my Samsung TV for roughly 12 months and have had no problems plugging my Seagate HDD into the USB slot and watching movies. Untill recently it has started coming up 'no content found'. It works on other TV's and is fine on my computer. It also powers up the hard drive and comes up with the option in the source menu so I don't think it's a power issue. Have tried both USB slots and with and without a USB extender. Any help would be great

Thanks 

80 REPLIES 80
Solution
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi,

small two-minute electric reset will do the job normally.

Ryanflack
Apprentice
Options

Worked a treat! Thanks for your help

DarkYokel
First Poster
Options
Worked 4 me 2, dude. Nice 1!!!!!
clonfab
First Poster
Options

How do you do the electrical reset on the tv

Ryanflack
Apprentice
Options

Unplug your tv from the power source and leave for roughly 2 minutes. Then plug back in and you should be good to go 

Birbal
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. The HDD was working fine for at least 8 months. Suddenly it says "No content Found" and nothing seems to fix it. I have format the HDD couple of times, reset the TV but still no luck. Any other ideas? The HDD is read fine by few other PCs and the content is there. 

0 Likes
michael771
First Poster
Options

Samsung know this is a problem but either can't be bothered to fix it or have no idea how to fix it. I can watch files from my PC on my smart tV no problem, then suddenly "no content available" is shown on folders that were showing all media files just ten minutes before. Very annoying. Sometimes, it also fails to find the PC itself. Faulty Samsung Software is the culprit and it has been going on for years. 

Shanestag
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, all the folders are there bit no content,

This worked perfectly a few weeks ago

PhilThriller
First Poster
Options
This worked! Thanks!
0 Likes