I have had my Samsung TV for roughly 12 months and have had no problems plugging my Seagate HDD into the USB slot and watching movies. Untill recently it has started coming up 'no content found'. It works on other TV's and is fine on my computer. It also powers up the hard drive and comes up with the option in the source menu so I don't think it's a power issue. Have tried both USB slots and with and without a USB extender. Any help would be great
Solved! Go to Solution.
For those who can play old files (and folders) but get a "no content found" error on new files (or new videos simply don't show up on your TV) try the following:
1. Copy small video file onto USB (not hard) drive and see if the TV plays it.
2. If the TV plays it then...
3. It means the Seagate has too many files and the TV memory is not sufficient to read any new files (it can still play older videos right?)
4. Therefore delete or move to you PC any files you are not interested in viewing on your TV to create space for new videos you want to watch...
5. New videos should now reflect. Had Same issue and now works fine
Didn't work for me. Frustrating. Watched season one of the good fight and had no problem. Put in a new flash drive for the next season and keep getting the dreaded "no content found". Hit refresh and that does nothing. Samsung needs to fix this.
Exactly the same issues started intermittently 3 days ago, yesterday it’s stopped totally. 10 min power off does nothing. Different tv but same issues ue49mu6120kxxu.
been fine for years!
Well after absolutely no help from Samsung. The only solution I can give is a complete tv reset. You will loose all your logins to all your apps etc….. BUT it does work. All usb is back all audio is back.