Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung tv

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 03:08 PM)
Lynseyburt
First Poster
Options
My smart 4k TV around 3/4 years old is starting to go purple in patches why is this ?  thought spending a good amount of money a tv would last me a while but its looking like I'm gonna have to replace soon 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Lynseyburt 

What's the model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Also, could you try a picture test for us please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test. Can you still see the purple patches?

0 Likes
Lynseyburt
First Poster
Options
this is what I got and yes u can still see them it's mainly when the screen has a lighter picture ie people's faces

20210216_171616_3190.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Lynseyburt: Thank you for clarifying that for us. Based on the results of the Picture Test I recommend reaching out to one of our Support Centres to arrange for an engineer to inspect the device. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code. Our standard warranty runs for 12 months from the purchase date therefore, due to the age of the device, a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes