Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tv

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 02:13 PM)
dutcho
First Poster
Options
I've been playing with Google assistant and cannot get my Google mini to control TV.  Alexa works fine however.

I've reset e erything and can see tv in Google home but it says it cannot connect ?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@dutcho: Please can you confirm the model number of the TV, located in Setting > Support > About This TV, or on the sticker on the back of the set, and I will look into this further for you. 

0 Likes
dutcho
First Poster
Options
Hi, please see attached. I can turn tv in and off in smart things on phone but Google mini does not see TV 20220808_181605_23479_1659978969.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@dutcho: To begin with, please ensure that you are on the latest software by heading to Home > Settings > Support > Software update. This model comes with Google Assistant built it, so please try heading to Home > Settings > General > Voice > Voice Assistant > Google Assistant, and explore the available settings here to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
dutcho
First Poster
Options
The only settings it shows there is logout, cheers
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@dutcho: For clarity, is Google Assistant available as an option when you follow the steps above. If it is, and if you're already logged in, try pressing the Microphone button at the top of your Smart Remote, and trying a voice command to see if this helps. If Google Assistant isn't there, then you may wish to consider utilising one of the available Voice Assistant options, such as Bixby or Alexa, and referring to the command examples to gain an idea of what's possible with the feature. 

0 Likes
dutcho
First Poster
Options
No Google assistant is there when I press the remote. My issue is when I setup alexa I can control TV via my alexa mini however when I use Google setting my Google mini doesn't see the TV
0 Likes