Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV won't find most channels - old TV did

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 01:57 PM)
joebobs
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help. I have a Series 5 Samsung TV, and it won't find many/most Freeview TV channels when I connected to the aerial. My old TV (which was a Finlux) found all Freeview channels with no problem, so I know the signal must be good enough. Any ideas why the Samsung TV cannot find them? At the moment it is finding most BBC, Channel 4 and ITV channels plus a handful of others, but missing all the rest. I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere that limits the type of signal it receives, or requires signals above a certain strength or something?

One thing to note, I read elsewhere on this forum about disconnecting any other connections and rescanning. I did that, and it was an improvement. Before, it only had about 3 or 4 channels, disconnecting my Xbox and rescanning improved it, but I'm still missing many. Any help very much appreciated!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AsadM
Options
Hi @joebobs. Hope you're doing well. Can you please confirm the full model of your TV?
0 Likes
joebobs
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AsadM 

It's a UE49K5500AKXXU, version 1.0.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for this, @joebobs. What happens when you try to tune your channels on the TV? Which channels are missing? Also, can you please confirm the software version on your TV? You can check this in Support > Software Update.
0 Likes
joebobs
Apprentice
Options

I've tried retuning a few times. Some channels it picks up but they just come through disrupted, with broken image etc. Some are missing entirely: CBS Reality, Local channel (8), Pick, Quest, Q, Really, Dave, Drama, 5USA, Create and Craft, ITVBe, ITV2+1, 5Star, Paramount, Sony Movies, ITV+1, there are more but is that enough to go on? A few are coming through with poor quality, including 4Seven and Yesterday. All these were present with a clear picture on my old TV. When I retune, if I enable clearing old channels, they just disappear from the list, if I disable that then they are still in the list but have no image or sound. Software version is 1242.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Let's try a soft reset on the TV. You can do this by going into Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.
0 Likes
joebobs
Apprentice
Options

I've now done that and lost loads of channels! Now out of the first 50 channels I've only got 15!

0 Likes