Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV volume goes up automatically to 100

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 09:15 AM)
Sayed2
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung 55NU7300 and bought it just over a year ago and yesterday the tv seemed to gain a mind of its own and the volume would just keep going up and I couldn't stop it. I tried switching it off from the mains and left it for over an hour and trying to see if the auto volume setting was switched on but it didn't work. I'm not sure what else to do. 

34 REPLIES 34
MelC6
First Poster
Options

This happened to my Samsung tv yesterday too. I tried some of the reset suggestions online and non work.

is this just a coincidence? The tv is only 18 months old so I'd be interested if you found a solution!!

Sayed2
Apprentice
Options

I really hope it's a glitch or something must have gotten shaken up internally as my tv hasn't done that since the day I posted my question on the forum. 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey! Does this issue occur when using apps or just randomly? Does it happen when you are using an external device connected to the TV? When the volume increases by itself, can you see the Volume Bar on the screen?

0 Likes
dmb68
First Poster
Options

Hi....I have the same issue and wondered whether you found a solution to this

rgds

0 Likes
Sayed2
Apprentice
Options

@dmb68 

Hi,

Since the day I posted this, I found that the best way to stop this from happening is to unplug your tv from the mains for a few hours or the entire day. It should stop doing that. 

0 Likes
Gems26
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a solution to this? Our Samsung UE55NU7400 has started doing this today and we have tried all sorts but been unsuccessful. Only Brought it in December 2018 😫

0 Likes
FatBonus
First Poster
Options

Hi There,

Our TV did this just now. I observed that the red light under the tv is flashing really quick. Seems like it's receiving IR signals from its remote control. So I took off the batteries and tv started to act normal. I did open tv remote app on my phone and it works perfectly manage to drop volume and it stays.

I think and hope its the remote that's playing up. Will try get a universal tv remote tomorrow. 

Hope it helps. By the way your TV and your phone should be on the same wifi so your TV REMOTE APp will work properly. 

Screenshot_20210116-235443_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes
lsitesgb
First Poster
Options

I unplugged everything for 3 hours and my volume still goes to 100 on its own.

0 Likes
ashwinds
Explorer
Options

Having the same issue with 55" Frame. But only with the optical out connection. The TV Volume behaves fine. Not sure why this glitch started recently. Did any of you figure out a solution? I noticed it happens only when I increase (or decrease) the volume beyond 1-2 steps. ie keep the remote volume control pressed. Earlier it would stop increasing or decreasing when I stopped pushing the volume key up or down. Now it wont stop until it touches maximum or 0.

0 Likes