Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 01:25 AM)
Marcusdr
Pioneer
Options

Hi

Is there any news on when the TV Upgrade Program will restart? Website says coming later this year but has been saying that since January.

Samsung support claim it is available but is not an option when checking out. 

If they have ended it they should let people know. 

4 REPLIES 4
coolbreeze84
Apprentice
Options

Samsung told me in August that it would still be resuming this year so who knows.

My 2018 QLED was due an upgrade in June but I was contacted a month or so before to say it was on hold due to Coronavirus.

Marcusdr
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the response. Interesting that you are already in it and not getting an upgrade. I thought it would be on hold due to Covid however if I was already in it and didn't get an upgrade when I was due one I would not be pleased. Unfortunately I have needed a new TV since January and couldn't wait anymore so bought an 8K model with a cashback offer.
0 Likes
silbut
First Poster
Options

My TV was eligible for upgrade in Sept 2020.  They sent me an email saying " we are aware that the Upgrade program isn't working" and told me to purchase my new TV and submit for the upgrade credit.  It's been 3 months and they are "still working on it" and meanwhile I'm paying for both TVs!  What the actual F$%* is going on at Samsung?  They can't seem to get their stuff together as 5 different agents have emailed that they are "working on it" with no timeline for resolution.  Isn't it as simple as submitting a refund to Samsung Financing for the amount? 

0 Likes
coolbreeze84
Apprentice
Options

How do you submit for the upgrade credit? It's all very weird. And why was your upgrade email different from mine? 

0 Likes