Support

Open search

Samsung TV UE65KU6400 vertical dark band

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi there,

My just more than two year old (and therefore just out of warranty) television has begun to show a top-to-bottom darker area or shadow just to the left of centre.

I was appalled to learn that a local Samsung-recommended repairer has quoted me €200 MORE THAN THE COST of the original television(!) just to supply the part - labour NOT included!

I am obviously very disappointed that such a new and expensive television is showing such a problem - I understand it is a problem that other people have experienced... Is there anyone from Samsung who would care to comment on this matter?

Many thanks

Rik

IMG_0755.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Never found a solution outwith never using Samsung again. If it was only replaced a year ago, surely they have to replace that as the part they fitted was faulty?? Hope you get better luck than everyone else!
Highlighted
Apprentice

I got the same trouble with my UE55KU6450 TV (4 years old): same soft vertical shadow at the same location. Samsung TV models default? 

Sometimes when I turn on TV, screen works fine in the begining but shadow backgrounds later. So, I think LEDS strips are not involved. Any new ideas?

Highlighted

Mine just started this 5 days ago. My dark band just moved from the far right to right center today. 😩

Highlighted
First Poster

I never found a solution! I just put it back in the box and put it in the closet bought a Sony 🤷🏾‍♀️

Top Liked Authors