Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV UE65KU6400 vertical dark band

(Topic created on: 24-09-2022 04:41 PM)
rikkog
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

My just more than two year old (and therefore just out of warranty) television has begun to show a top-to-bottom darker area or shadow just to the left of centre.

I was appalled to learn that a local Samsung-recommended repairer has quoted me €200 MORE THAN THE COST of the original television(!) just to supply the part - labour NOT included!

I am obviously very disappointed that such a new and expensive television is showing such a problem - I understand it is a problem that other people have experienced... Is there anyone from Samsung who would care to comment on this matter?

Many thanks

Rik

IMG_0755.JPG

50 REPLIES 50
VinnyB
Journeyman
Options

Its not a software issue its HARDWARE. I paid for an engineer to look at it, he said the led's had burnt out and it wasnt worth repairing!! Disgraceful Samsung. There OBVIOUSLY an issue here and you just shrug.

newman1
Journeyman
Options

I do have exactly the same problem for my TV uhd 75mu7005 2 years old. Samsung uhd stuff is really rubbish don't buy it again

tmp-cam-987158071271453693.jpg

Unhappy5amsungPerson
First Poster
Options

Same ***** here.  Great pic if you don’t mind a shadow in the middle. Girl

ADC287EC-AE33-446B-A2FC-91EF6D747BF9.jpeg

would be happy to charge to have a repair person come out. So sorry. Not wasting my $ with them anymore. 2 years and the tv is no longer good. I would rather give my money to someone else. 

0 Likes
Varvassi
First Poster
Options

IMG_20220125_213633250_BURST001.jpg

I have exactly the same problem on my 5-year-old UE49KU6400. Very disappointed with Samsung as it seems to be a fairly common fault with the product. Meanwhile my trusty Sony TV has lasted about 3 times longer than the Samsung, with no issues. I would be interested if anyone knows what exactly causes this problem and if it's feasible to repair.

0 Likes
Niecy
Journeyman
Options

To be honest I'm not sure if it's feasible to repair I've had mine sitting in the box in the closet since it started this whole issue. I also went and purchased a Sony TV and haven't had any issues at all. I truly hope Samsung does something about this because we shouldn't have to deal with the *******! I'm so annoyed with this

0 Likes
LAO1957
Student
Options

Well heck! I gave a service call scheduled for Monday which is $60 straight away. From this forum it looks like wasted money. I have always bought Samsung because the screen is simply beautiful and I’ve never had a single issue but I’m just sick that after 2 years I have this issue which is getting worse day by day to where it now covered the left 1/3 of the screen! 

AF1AC732-E77A-4D5F-A15F-10638AB14828.jpeg

0 Likes
Vinnie_cork
First Poster
Options

Some issues with mine. 

0 Likes
TitaniumSamurai
First Poster
Options
Yup. Same here. Exactly the same as everyone else's issue. Total rubbish. Still happening. Resets etc. do absolutely nothing. This hardware issue is clearly a major problem. There are hundreds of posts from people across this forum and others about this issue and a really small number of responses from Samsung, without any resolution or tangible actions, outside of speaking to customer services who just stipulate that the product is out of warranty.
Niecy
Journeyman
Options

Your comment is so freaking spot on! Tell you one thing this is how class action lawsuits start so they might think about helping all of us out some type of way! Hell I still have the ***** tv in the original box it came in sitting in my closet! I didn't have the ***** thing long enough to get rid of it but did I want to put the money into fixing it NOPE unless samsung was willing to help out in some way (doubt it but hey never know). 

LAO1957
Student
Options

**UPDATE TO MY COMMENT dated 16-04-2022

I got a tip from the repairman. I was able to get Samsung to do a “one time only” repair whereby they supply the panel (essentially the whole dang television) at no cost and I paid the labor, $150. No argument at all. So frustrating that they don’t offer this, knowing the issue. Mention the on-line complaints about this “known issue.” It fixed the problem. Had it not been free, the panel would have cost well over the original purchase price.