Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV UE65KU6400 vertical dark band

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 02:06 AM)
rikkog
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

My just more than two year old (and therefore just out of warranty) television has begun to show a top-to-bottom darker area or shadow just to the left of centre.

I was appalled to learn that a local Samsung-recommended repairer has quoted me €200 MORE THAN THE COST of the original television(!) just to supply the part - labour NOT included!

I am obviously very disappointed that such a new and expensive television is showing such a problem - I understand it is a problem that other people have experienced... Is there anyone from Samsung who would care to comment on this matter?

Many thanks

Rik

IMG_0755.JPG

(2)
50 REPLIES 50
VinnyB
Journeyman
Options
Never found a solution outwith never using Samsung again. If it was only replaced a year ago, surely they have to replace that as the part they fitted was faulty?? Hope you get better luck than everyone else!
Anduser
Apprentice
Options

I got the same trouble with my UE55KU6450 TV (4 years old): same soft vertical shadow at the same location. Samsung TV models default? 

Sometimes when I turn on TV, screen works fine in the begining but shadow backgrounds later. So, I think LEDS strips are not involved. Any new ideas?

0 Likes
njtotf22
Student
Options

Mine just started this 5 days ago. My dark band just moved from the far right to right center today. 😩

Niecy
Journeyman
Options

I never found a solution! I just put it back in the box and put it in the closet bought a Sony 🤷🏾‍♀️

nathanielct777
Explorer
Options

I am having the same problem as everyone else on this forum but my vertical black/shaded band is center-right and a smaller thin dark band left-center on my screen. I bought my Samsung TV - Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series on 4/20/2018  and I can't believe I'm having problems already! I only bought a 2 year extended warranty so I guess shame on me for having faith that Samsung would be reliable and that I wouldn't need the warranty extended past that 2 years. I DEFINITELY will never buy a Samsung TV again and will be going with Sony from here on out.

2021-08-3011.02.342791433645064030234.jpg

newman1
Journeyman
Options

I have the exact same problem of a dark band on left of my 75mu7005. Is it possible to be caused by some faulty led lamps? In that case, their replacement could correct the problem.

Any idea?

Niecy
Journeyman
Options

I'm not sure but it would make sense because it's happening to alot of people and its ridiculous tbh

nathanielct777
Explorer
Options

Since my post from a week ago, the black shadow on my 55" Samsung NU7100 Series that I bought a little over 3 years ago has gotten worse. Is Samsung going to stand behind their products and offer repairs if they should fail this quickly for so many people?

Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series bought on 4/20/2018Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series bought on 4/20/2018Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series bought on 4/20/2018Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series bought on 4/20/2018

Niecy
Journeyman
Options

Yea they need to seeiously because this is straight f*****y! We spend our hard earned money on them because of their reputation I've always bought Samsung but due to this issue I had to go with Sony! I'm p*ssed because I like for all my devices to match so everything samsung except my ***** TV smh unacceptable! I hope you get a resolution soon because I sure didn't mine still sitting in the original box in my closet taped up nice and neatly. I'm so disappointed 😞 

AndrewL
Options

To anyone experiencing this issue, please can you try pressing and holding the Power button on the remote control until the TV restarts. Alternatively, power it off and unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power it back on. If the issue persists, and is present on all channels/sources then please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, or the relevant support team in your region, and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange an engineers inspection. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes