Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 28-02-2018 06:13 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

Go to solution
223 REPLIES 223
Steve31204
Journeyman
Options
@Garryd1: After having my samsung 65NU8000 replaced twice, Samsung issued me with a refund directly, not the retailer.
I now have a Sony TV and will admit that it does tick occasionally, maybe once every few minutes, which is nothing compared to the Samsung model, which was once every 10 seconds...infuriating. I can live with once every few minutes.

Therefore this ticking issue is not solely a Samsung issue, but an issue nonetheless. It seems that most TVs are made out of the same cheap plastic.

No one should expect you to put up with a constant ticking noise when trying to watch a TV, so if you're not satisfied with the product you have every right under consumer law to receive a refund.
0 Likes
archtei
First Poster
Options
Same here, bought Samsung 65" UE65NU8005. Started ticking inside a week, 1-2 hours on starting the TV at 20-30 second intervals and about 1 hour after shutdown with same intervals. Called the service and they came and replaced the panel and the back cover. Same thing started all over in a couple of days. Called the retailer and they came to collect the TV, returned my money and brought SONY KD65XF8505 in exchange and everything after that has been a bliss compared to Samsung. For those who didn't return the the TV i hope in time the ticking/clicking sound starts to fade. I didn't have the patience to wait for the better days. All in all the Samsung TVs have been awesome but this is the first time i have to return one because of very annoying "feature".
0 Likes
MiroB
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that clicking is back full on after 2 days since they have changed my panel. I told Samsung in my country that I don't want another repair and i want my money back. Since end users are not very well protected in my country, I am probably in for a legal fight (blessed be Balkans). I will update on my status further.

0 Likes
Jameshboy
Student
Options

I received the 1260 firmware update a couple of days ago on my UK 75nu8000 and I can't say I'm hearing any clicking at all on the tv whether first time turned on or when it's turned off. Early days but I can't hear any clicks right now 

0 Likes
MichalisZ
First Poster
Options

New member in the club! I bought a Samsung QE55Q6FN on January 2019 and some days ago the disturbing ticking noise came up. So, for me took like 6 months to occur and I did not know that it was a common issue till now.

In my case, most of the times the ticking starts some minutes after I turn on the TV and most of the times, stops after an hour or so. I haven't noticed the ticking when the TV is turned off, so far. Maybe it's due to the hot climate these days?

I hope that the ticking noise will stop by itself. I bought my TV from Geneva, Switzerland but I live at the French borders. Since I speak no French, I want to avoid all these frustrating procedures. 😞

0 Likes
Tomarildh
First Poster
Options

Got the 65" Q7FN recently and noticed the ticking as well. Pretty sure it’s the plastic reacting to heat, because I always hear it when I watch HDR material. It’s annoying as hell though. Same with the whole screen getting brighter by subtitles..

0 Likes
Jameshboy
Student
Options

Since the last update which was 1260 for me in the UK my ticking noise issues are gone as far as I can tell (75nu8000)

0 Likes
MiroB
Journeyman
Options

SInce clicking noise is caused by low quality plastic back cover I somehow doubt that it can be solved by a software update. I have 1260 and it is clicking like crazy. Currently I am preparing for a legal fight with Samsung in my country since they don't want to resolve this issue for me.

0 Likes
Jameshboy
Student
Options
I see what you are saying I am just stating my case with my tv I haven't had anything since the last update is all I know it's dodgy plastics used but I'm happy myself it's stopped but I feel so bad for everyone else affected by it.

Let us know what happens with your legal fight with Samsung I really hope they cave and everyone affected gets refunded or replacement sets using proper materials
0 Likes
Jameshboy
Student
Options

Could you tell us more about what legal proceedings your hoping to bring against Samsung as I'm really interested in this. Sounds like you are willing to go all the way with it and I salute you there 

No company should ever be able to say that a click or sound coming from the set is within their boundary. As a consumer you pay good money for a branded product so you should have an A1 experience with that product 

0 Likes