Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 25-01-2019 10:02 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
andreascy
Explorer
Options

@Jeff02 wrote:
Maybe people will listen to you bravo mind read the link its brilliant. Bearing in mind people turn the heat of at night and on in the morning you know what i mean. For this tv to work perfect it needs kept in an incubator at a perfect temperature to stop clicking finally problem solved. Kaching thats samsung with our money as these tvs whatever models have been doing this since january 2018 is the earliest review ive read and there exactly just like all our purchases in aug oct nov dec jan. What a shame it cant be fixed your only option is to except default with money off/back.

Regarding room temperature:  My house has 24/7 underfloor heating and TV is in kitchen. The house/kitchen temperature is 19c and 21 at night when i hear the clicking noise. I don't thing room temperature is related to the noise because I keep my TV to room human comfort temperature 24/7 and I beleived that Samsung R&D department desgin the TV chasis / heat sinks etc  to near those room temperatures. 

If I am correct regarding the issue is coming from heat and expanding parts I think that some internal parts are crashing together because they don't have the space to move left/right. Is abosutrly desgin issue and probbably is due to small bezzels rounded. 

Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Hi all i need advice what tv would you reccomend now as we now know samsung will have all decent retailers such as AO telling them that this is unacceptable after just one chance of rectifying clicking we have the right to refund from whoever we purchased from. Thanks alot to andy at AO for the advice by the way. Now samsung is going to be really hurt with the amount of money lost through repair bills and then finally refunding full amount. I know there tvs are brilliant as rest of tech but over the time span they really have mugged people off. Just think if you took days of work 3 times for part changes full changes and then the people with more money than most oh i will just buy a dearer one that did the same. Get your lawers involved to get your lost wages back as it can be done. As the tvs are not fit for purpose as there not meant to make sounds on or off that are not wanted and thats legally binding from the citizens advice bureau u.k.  in my situation im quite fortunate i took 6 months interest free so i still have cash. So is it panasonic lg or sony as going by all fellow ssung buyers i wont be upgrading to a qled 7 8 or 9 as you have confirmed that they do it too 55 65 and nu8000 75s and on reading ks were doing it too early last year. I also learned that samsung will be using 65 and 75 inch lg panels now. We all on here now know more about the tech side than all the samsung phone handlers. Also remember when we used to be able to repair things in our countrys with experts and not just part changers which all in just causes more pollution of parts being thrown out and jobs of experts across all fields. Im an old skool joiner where repairs were done nut now its so cheap to buy now the lesser professionals have jobs of being just installers with little knowledge of the bigger picture. I hope you guys understand what i mean we made a rod for our own backs.

0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

@Jeff02 wrote:

Hi all i need advice what tv would you reccomend now as we now know samsung will have all decent retailers such as AO telling them that this is unacceptable after just one chance of rectifying clicking we have the right to refund from whoever we purchased from. Thanks alot to andy at AO for the advice by the way. Now samsung is going to be really hurt with the amount of money lost through repair bills and then finally refunding full amount. I know there tvs are brilliant as rest of tech but over the time span they really have mugged people off. Just think if you took days of work 3 times for part changes full changes and then the people with more money than most oh i will just buy a dearer one that did the same. Get your lawers involved to get your lost wages back as it can be done. As the tvs are not fit for purpose as there not meant to make sounds on or off that are not wanted and thats legally binding from the citizens advice bureau u.k.  in my situation im quite fortunate i took 6 months interest free so i still have cash. So is it panasonic lg or sony as going by all fellow ssung buyers i wont be upgrading to a qled 7 8 or 9 as you have confirmed that they do it too 55 65 and nu8000 75s and on reading ks were doing it too early last year. I also learned that samsung will be using 65 and 75 inch lg panels now. We all on here now know more about the tech side than all the samsung phone handlers. Also remember when we used to be able to repair things in our countrys with experts and not just part changers which all in just causes more pollution of parts being thrown out and jobs of experts across all fields. Im an old skool joiner where repairs were done nut now its so cheap to buy now the lesser professionals have jobs of being just installers with little knowledge of the bigger picture. I hope you guys understand what i mean we made a rod for our own backs.

depends your budget! LG OLDED are much higher than QLED Samsung.

0 Likes
RangerX
Journeyman
Options
@Jeff02 wrote:

if the clicking is very frequent and loud (like the video someone posted) I'd return it and buy LG OLED.(the only TV worth considering against Samsung QLED imo)
the price difference is very little,infact when I was buying the Samsung 55Q7 I could have bought LG 55" B7 OLED for same price.
in my case the noise is very infrequent now and not loud.so I kept the QLED cause I really like the TV.

0 Likes
RangerX
Journeyman
Options
@andreascy wrote:

Guys

This is shame! The issue is coming from wrong design and is not electronic fault in my honest opinion.

This hapens to all latest Samsung models q6 , 7, 9. I also found forum topics in USA regarding this issue which means is general issue for samsung tvs and not for secific regional models.

In my case the issue start after 5-10minutes I turned on the TV and plastic/metal parts start heating. 

My TV retailer suggest me a third tv replacement and in house insection with samsung technician or pay the difference for better model in that case q7 or switch to LG OLD with 900 euro extra.  I will give a try for 3rd TV replace first.

Again this is unaceptable situation for a prenium TVs! 

Samsung knows about this and they issue official statement regarding this but they promote it as a non issue situation to avoid mass TV replacements!  ( like apple : they call a bug as a feature )

read this article here : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108743/

The fraud in that case they don't label this situation on the TV case to let people decide if they want to buy the product including the clicking noise! Samsung hides this issue from customer unless they come accross and do some research to find this official statement.

why 900 Euro extra for LG OLED?? thats way too much..where I live certain models of LG OLED (B7 for example) can be bought for same price as Samsung QLED Q8 or Q7.

0 Likes
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

@andreascy wrote:

@Jeff02 wrote:

depends your budget! LG OLDED are much higher than QLED Samsung.

LG OLED can be bought almost same price as Samsung QLED..for example 55" B7 OLED is almost same as 55" Q7.

0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

@RangerX wrote:
@andreascy wrote:

Guys

This is shame! The issue is coming from wrong design and is not electronic fault in my honest opinion.

This hapens to all latest Samsung models q6 , 7, 9. I also found forum topics in USA regarding this issue which means is general issue for samsung tvs and not for secific regional models.

In my case the issue start after 5-10minutes I turned on the TV and plastic/metal parts start heating. 

My TV retailer suggest me a third tv replacement and in house insection with samsung technician or pay the difference for better model in that case q7 or switch to LG OLD with 900 euro extra.  I will give a try for 3rd TV replace first.

Again this is unaceptable situation for a prenium TVs! 

Samsung knows about this and they issue official statement regarding this but they promote it as a non issue situation to avoid mass TV replacements!  ( like apple : they call a bug as a feature )

read this article here : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108743/

The fraud in that case they don't label this situation on the TV case to let people decide if they want to buy the product including the clicking noise! Samsung hides this issue from customer unless they come accross and do some research to find this official statement.

why 900 Euro extra for LG OLED?? thats way too much..where I live certain models of LG OLED (B7 for example) can be bought for same price as Samsung QLED Q8 or Q7.

I bought my Samsung QE65QFNA for 1500 euro and to exchange it with LG B8 the retailer wants 900 extra. LG B8 65inch  is 2400 including the discount.

0 Likes
DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options

Little update, I’m now waiting on a call back from their Customer Relations Team (I love all these little “Teams” they have!) as when they asked if they could arrange a call back from the AV Team I said I didn’t see the point as I’ve spoken to them about the other TVs with exactly the same problem that they couldn’t fix or would admit to knowing about! 

So it’ll be interesting to see what garbage they come out with! 

I really don’t want to have to switch to a different brand as being a gamer the QLED TVs handle input lag amazingly, I noticed the difference from the moment I plugged in the first Q7 (so many moons ago!) And having looked at some of the OLED alternatives I don’t think having a super reflective screen would work in my living room where the window is opposite the TV!

Surely they must have some working QLEDs somewhere?!! 🙏🏼

0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

Dear all

This weekend I did a small experiment.  Friday afternoon I switch on the TV until Monday morning. The experiment was to allow the TV play videos for 48 hours non stop to let all components to become very hot to see if the is issue is temperature related or capacitor discharging. So today morning ( Monday) I turned off the TV and remove the TV from power socket and wait to hear any CLICK. Yes the TV starts clicking noises even when is FULL power OFF ( not standby ) . 

That's mean the plastics OR hardware at THIS time sart the shrinking process when is cooling DOWN! and produce the clicking noise.

By turning ON the TV components start expanding. Turning off  power cut or even stand by the components start shrinking and produce This noise.

The question now is for how long we will hear those unwanted sounds? Maybe forever or for some months until build materials being mature ?

By this experiment I beleive Samsung public statement regarding this issue :

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108743/

But again this is not acceptable for a premium TV maker.  What we can do to avoid this? 

Can anyone do the same test for 48 Hours to compare the results?

Jeff02
Explorer
Options

New updated panel fitted for nu8000 75. Only time will tell. As house is roasting due to it being freezing in the uk.  28 days from purchase if you have this clicking you are entitled to refund so its your call. Shame for people having so many replacements but thats life as samsung say it does not effect tge tv working in any way.  So play it by ear.