Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 24-10-2018 04:59 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RangerXwrote:

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

Sounds like a serious fault.  Inform your retailer because it should not make any sounds at all.  

Paul

Solution
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

This sounds like a switch mode power supply issue. It is unlikely to indicate any other serious problems except for the irritating noise.  However if that noise is irritating it is still a fault.  Go back to the place you bought it (in the UK at least you have stronger rights with the retailer, google Which consumer rights).

Regards

Phil

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Does your TV have this sounds when is power off? Is your TV new?

If the answer is - YES then this is releated with the temperature and low level of external material quality of TV was made.

After 10 years of pooking sounds related with the bad plastic you will lose your normal sleep. I have wake up so many times in the middle of the night or if I open window. Temperature is related with the TV. 

you need to very ease to unhold some bolts on the back of your TV but still this may not help you and it may be a risky to do it for your self. 

Steve31204
Journeyman
Options

I am having the exact same issue on my brand new 65' samsung smart TV. Sounds like static ticking every 5 seconds, driving me crazy!

Samsung sent out people twice to try and repair it with no success, then they replaced the TV last Thursday, and the replacement TV does it too! How is this possible!?

I've bought many TV's before this and never come accross this issue. Even the repair company hadn't heard of this issue before, and here I am with two TVs doing it in the space of 1 month.

So I'm inclined to believe that it is a fault in the model. Unfortunate because I love the Samsung 65' TV, but I can't watch it with that ticking torturing me relentlessly. I can still hear it ticking away even when the TV has been off for an hour. Can't live like that...

Steve

RangerX
Journeyman
Options

I’m the original starter of this topic..

the clicking problem seems to be resolved by itself.

it’s now almost 8 months since I bought the TV and during the past 6 months,I heared the clicking maybe 2-3 times in total.

so the issue might be related to electronics in the TV being new and somehow adjusting to the produced heat maybe?

it’s no longer sn issue for me and hopefully and most likely it will stop on yours too.

don’t change it,it’s really a great TV.

Sportburke
First Poster
Options

So within the first couple of months it was doing the clicking but then it went away only to be heard a few more times?

I just bought the NU8000 55 Inch and started noticing the clicking noise within 10 minutes of turning the tv on, it lasts for about an hour and then is sporadic or nonexistent after that. It will make the clicking noise again when it’s turned off so I’m assuming this is an expansion/contraction effect from the heating and cooling of components.

I’m really impressed with the tv otherwise and don’t want to return it if I can help it, I’m curious if it goes away for all TVs, but we just don’t know because people return or exchange it before it resolves itself.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sportburke wrote:

So within the first couple of months it was doing the clicking but then it went away only to be heard a few more times?

I just bought the NU8000 55 Inch and started noticing the clicking noise within 10 minutes of turning the tv on, it lasts for about an hour and then is sporadic or nonexistent after that. It will make the clicking noise again when it’s turned off so I’m assuming this is an expansion/contraction effect from the heating and cooling of components.

I’m really impressed with the tv otherwise and don’t want to return it if I can help it, I’m curious if it goes away for all TVs, but we just don’t know because people return or exchange it before it resolves itself.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sounds a like a faulty TV.  Have you reported it to your retailer?  If not then that us your first point of call as the retailer not the manufacturer are responsible under the consumer law. You have the first weeks where you can have a full refund or replacement without having to resort to repairs. 

Paul

PaulvSmith
First Poster
Options

Hi Paul, sorry to hear of the annoying noise problem, hope its soon sorted, but worrying your not the only one getting this issue.

Going off the subject slightly, I am looking at the QLED QE55Q7F myself and would like to know what you think of the picture quality when watching normal none HD/4K TV. I did have a curved Samsung, but the upscaling was crazy, causing the normal TV picture to look really poor, over processed, so I returned it back to the shop. 

I understand Samsung are offeringa 100 day trial which I may take-up, but it would be intresting to hear what your thoughs are.

The big issue I have with all TV shops they all show 4-8K footage and are not connected to a normal aerial/satelite, therefore I am unable to see the quality before purchasing. Again I'd appricate your opinon. Thanks Paul 

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Hi i got the nu8000 75 inch 30th oct 18 my tv is doing the clicking noise too. I agree its temperature based but only really due to heat from screen light being on and not room temperature. Ive read the posts from you guys and im stuck too do we go through the hassle of waiting for free repairs that we know are not going to work its a total pain in the ass. Im in house with tv power on, screen on and sound on, for last 35 days for a minimum of 12 hrs aday continious screening and ive still got the clicking now and then. I keep u updated as i will have tv on everyday atleast 12 hrs aday for the next 2 months so i will let u know. If i was too advise honestly dont buy it in the first place but its too late if your here lol bummer i know.  1800 pounds for a jumping bean in the back of my television thanks samsung 

0 Likes