Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 24-09-2022 11:37 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
OldBoy2
First Poster
Options

This is frankly shocking. I just received my 65" (2021) and the clicking started immediately. No picture, no setup instructions as per the setup guide. Just clicking and the audio out TOSLINK plug turning red on and off with each click. I googled to see if I was doing something wrong and it appears that it's not me in the wrong. 

This is disgusting.

0 Likes
CIndy63
First Poster
Options

We just purchased the Samsung Crystal UA8000 and it has started making the clicking noise as well. It is very annoying this is the first Samsung we have ever purchased not too sure about it. 

0 Likes
Xtremekyter
First Poster
Options

Our noise came from the back of the TV when the TV was off. An almost indiscernible knocking sound that could only be heard in a quiet room. I bought 2 TV's with the same issue and sent them both back. Go with an LG OLED. I did.

0 Likes
Binny
First Poster
Options

Hello, everyone well I just started having the clicking/ticking noise and I realize what it was. I just got a tall tv stand and put it on it. The sound started before I went to bed the next day I was thinking what could be wrong. So I thought mayb a screw was messing it up so I unscrewed one just a little and sure enough no clicking. So my guess is if u have screws in the back undo one just a little that is close to the sound area the screw maybe touching something inside tv. Well hope this works for all of u. 

0 Likes
CIndy63
First Poster
Options

Thanks I will give it a try

0 Likes
Markymarkuk69
First Poster
Options

I bought a 65" Q85R almost 3 years ago now.  About 6 months ago an annoying ticking/clicking noise could be heard.  At first I thought is was my Sky Q box (satellite box), then I thought it was my Sonos Playbar, but no, it was coming from inside the TV itself.  Putting the TV into standby and switching it back on resolves the problem, for a while, but it eventually does return.   At first it would happen about once a month, but now it's about once a week, so getting more frequent.  I've spoken to Samsung (live chat), who came out with the usual heating up/cooling down excuse, which it is not.  I now need to record the noise and email it to them, which I will do when it next happens.  really annoying as the TV is less than 3 years old and I paid a lot of money for it in May 2020.  Oh and by the way, I've now got a Sonos Arc and it still does it, so definitely not the soundbar and definitely not the TV speakers either. 

0 Likes
INOPSU
Apprentice
Options

I have noticed when I power off I sometimes get a delayed clicking noise. Also when I power up after the TV has been off for a while it opens up and shuts down. Then on second go it opens up ok.   When it is off for several hours same prcedure occurs. Most of the time when I close down I dont get the double click. Samsung ran a diagnostic and it was fine for 2 days. Now this morning again opened and and shut.  Its only 5 motnhs old.  Samsung sending a powr cable; but it is not that. I thought it may be the remote. So using SMART remote. It is hard to demonstrate as the TV has to be off for several hours.  I think I will record on my phone so I can demonstrate

0 Likes
MNDG
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone, i have a ticking noise from Samsung QN800B 8K(2022 )model and i have it only 6 months, the ticking noise starts every time i turn on/off the tv and it lasts about 45 minutes every time, i also have this issue sometimes even when its on more than 4 hours, a technician from Samsung's Warranty was here and said it happens because material expansion and that theres no warranty for that, and that i have to wait at least 2 months that maybe it will stop by himself, and he also suggested that i will play white screen when i dont use the tv so maybe it will solve the issue, im worried, what do you think about that? and what are the solutions?

0 Likes
Xtremekyter
First Poster
Options

Go with OLED

0 Likes
INOPSU
Apprentice
Options

I am no expert on the sales of goods act, but if the noise is preventing you enjoying the product for which it was made for you probably have the right to insist that it is fixed.  You may have to get an independent technician to do a report. 

Sale of Goods Act summary

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 requires all goods that are bought or sold in the UK to be:

• as described - the good should match any sample you were shown
  • of satisfactory quality - any defect or issue should have been made clear to you when you bought the goods
  • fit for purpose - you should be able to use the good for its everyday purpose, as agreed with the seller

If your goods do not meet one or more of these criteria, the retailer is in breach of contract, which would give rise for you to claim under the Sale of Goods Act.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act-a4fvv5x8SaYa 

If this occured within 6months you have the riht to insist on product being fixed.

Speak to the retailer you bought the goods from. Hope this helps

0 Likes