Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 03:15 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
Terazor81
Journeyman
Options

Hi All. I had a Samsung Technician examine the issue. The clicking noise was diagnosed as 'known issue' & part of the design of the TV...because the material of the case is what expands/contracts that creates the clicking noise. 

Dissatisfied, i asked them to remove the back panel (under warranty) to examine if anything was loose.

NOTE: The back panel is tethered to the TV via a several of 'plastic clips' that 'click' into place (no screws involved). To open the backpanel, the Samsung Technician have a tool to wedge open the back panel so that 'plastic clips' will lose their grip. IMPORTANT: When the plastic clip loses its grip the sound is a VERY loud click! Similar to the click noising that i encountered! Could the clips be the cause of the clicking noise??

Nothing was missing/loose from the TV & the backpanel was reinstalled. Samsung asked me to monitor the situation.

Right now I am hoping that by opening the back panel, the 'plastic clips' will be slightly loosened & maybe the clicking noise will go away. Maybe the clips were too tight?? 

I'll keep you posted.

P.S: This is only my experience. I am not advocating anyone to void their warranty to open their backpanel or even asking Samsung to do the same. Just sharing for reference.

Garryd1
Apprentice
Options

So after 10 months of trying to put up with the clicking noise, I decided to do something about it and call Samsung technical support. After describing the issue I was greeted with a response telling me that this is a "known feature" of the TV and was not a fault that can be covered by the warranty. I then responded by saying if that's the case, then the TV was not fit for purpose, they then agreed to send an engineer our next week. So fingers crossed he can fix it or replace it .

0 Likes
Terazor81
Journeyman
Options

@Garryd1: How did the technician visit go? Did they replace it?

My TV still has random creaks. Not sure if it really is normal or it's a known issue that needs a product recall.

Honestly, given the price of these premium TVs i do not expect them to creak at all.

Garryd1
Apprentice
Options

Terazor81
Journeyman
Options

@Garryd1Wow that seems like really poor customer service! I have a 7 year old FULL HD TV that has never creaked as frequent as my Samsung TV.

I'm keeping a close eye on my TV. I've had experiences where the TV will creak every 20 seconds for the first 10 minutes of use...

0 Likes
Antz_20
First Poster
Options

Hi,

not sure if this helps but bought a Q7FN 65inch and after the tv was on for a minute there was a clicking sound almost sounding like an electric shock coming from the bottom left corner (if looking at the TV) happened every 20-30 secs. i rang samsung and within a day they came out and had a look and the techs took a sound clip of the issue. after 3-4 days they called and said they will replace the panel on the TV. the techs came out they replaced the front panel and changed the PSU and now seems that the issue has gone away.

Thanks

Robert08
First Poster
Options

Samsung has lost my respect i had purchase a 6000 series gave me issues as soon as j ran out of warranty then upgrade it to a 9000 series 65” speakers blew got them replaced by warranty then blew again but after the second repair it started making these clicking noises i tried to contact samsung nothing was done about the situation and tv became unresponsive on power cicle at this point i was doubtful wether i should upgrade to another samsung. The wife showed up with a q series 85” and now pictures issues and flickering ... time to never buy another product from samsung again.

0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

My TV sufferd from very loud clicking noise for 6 months.  I can confirm that today at 12 months of usage the TV stop clicking. It sufferd for 6-7 months and then stops.

0 Likes
Terazor81
Journeyman
Options

@Garryd1
@Robert08
@andreascy

My issue is over. After dealing with Samsung Hotline, i managed to get a full refund for my TV. 

While i'm not 100% happy with the outcome, it is something i wholeheartedly respect. This was my first experience with Samsung TVs, the experience was great while it lasted. Hope everyone else has a better experience.

Happy new year everyone!

Garryd1
Apprentice
Options
@Terazor81, where are you from? I have found Samsung customer support here in the UK next to useless.
0 Likes