Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 28-07-2019 12:30 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
MiroB
Journeyman
Options

Well, currently my TV is for the second time in Samsung service store. The are trying to repair clicking, but they, like me, know it can not be repaired. So they are strechng me, hoping I will give everything up, cave in and just take TV as it is. They said if the clicking occurs after this repair they will take it to shp for the third time. I said that I will not allow it and I wil file complaint to my state inspectorate. And after that I will go to my lawyer and raise civil suit against Samsung represenatives in my country.

0 Likes
Jameshboy
Student
Options
Sounds like fair play mate I wish you the best with it I really do and hope you get what you are after
0 Likes
ForrestTheGump
First Poster
Options

Would anybody in this thread be interested in looking into a class action lawsuit? Seems like there's enough people here lol. 

0 Likes
MiroB
Journeyman
Options

Just to inform everyone that my problem with NU8000 are forever solved. After they wanted to take TV into shop for third time i lost it and report eveything to my state inspectorate. They forced store and Samsung to give me my money back and now i am proud owner od Sony X900F.

I will never again buy anything from Samsung...

damac78
Pioneer
Options

Nice to hear you resolved your issue! I also got my Money back and took it to another Brand.

Samsung has lost me as a customer forever. And they will loose many more due to this and other problems they do not care about. Now I can actually sit down and enjoy my TV - the way it was never made possible by Samsung.

0 Likes
normalparrot
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing a similar clicking noise with a Samsung NU8000, and just wanted to share my experience in case it helps out someone (please like this post if it solves your issue, to help others find it). 

It may sound silly, but when I first bought my TV I didn't remove the sticky plastic film/strip from around the TV's frame. The clicking noises were always heard a short time after turning the TV on, and also after turning it off. 

A couple months later, I removed the plastic sticker/strip from around the TV frame, and since then I haven't heard any clicking noises. I'm guessing the eletrical static did something to the plastic stirp which made the noises. 

I might be the only one who doesn't immediately remove the plastic around the frame when buying a new device, but just in case I'm not, and this does help out someone - I'm glad I could help. :smiling-face: 

Gogo538
First Poster
Options

SOLVED

As mentioned in the above post. 

REMOVE THE PLASTIC WRAPPING FROM AROUND THE TV FRAME.

I can’t believe this was the problem all this time for me. Use your fingernails. It peels right off. 

Samsung technicians missed this too?!?

0 Likes
TomasGajarsky
First Poster
Options

My brand new Samsung 55" Q7FN TV is making the cracking/ticking sound similarly as many of you are describing in this thread. I have read every post in here and nothing helped me to solve the issue, not even the latest tip of removing the plastic strip from the sides of the frame... Here is a video documenting my issue with the TV: https://youtu.be/CR1eRBvDrjA

I have already contacted the shop where I bought the TV asking about possible solutions, but I am tempted to just return it and buy a Sony or LG instead.

Terazor81
Journeyman
Options

Hi There, saw your post saying removing the plastic around the TV frame stopped the clicking noise?

just to check is the issue still resolved? I have a newer RU8000 model and had similar clicking noise that sounded the plastic case was flexing (as you would if you physically moved the tv). Is that the same clicking noise you faced?

0 Likes
Scott1066
First Poster
Options

Hi guys got my 2019 55 q 70r today as you guys I have had the same issue, when watching tv it's fine but my ps4 running through hdmi is the same.  Although as i tinkered about with it the problem seems to have resolved. I'm just wondering if it's a build up of static on the tv that is interfeering with the signal as I did give the front and back of the tv a bit of a wipe with a microfiber cloth and ever since then it seems to be ok.  Just maybe worth giving it a try.

0 Likes