Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 20-03-2019 11:24 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
Dizzle
Student
Options

Agree with Johnzp that the issue is likely the panel. I was experiencing same issue. Samsung Tech came to my home and felt power supply may be the issue. After replacement, we tested it and the ticking started again. He then decided to order the LED panel. Samsung advised me that the LED panels are not in stock , so they are going to issue me a replacement TV credit.  Samsung customer service has been great. Waiting on call back from samsung to advise of replacement steps.

For others experiencing the issue: note it likely isn't the power supply, and could very likely be the LED panel

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Hi just to let you guys know that i bought the 75 nu8000 and it did all the clicking carry on and i had the new model panel replaced that was supposed to fix this issue and did it you ask. Of course it didnt samsungs full of waffles. Im now getting a 65 nu7400 to see if that works i know im dropping 10 inch and to lower quality but after all the research and reading all your posts i wasnt putting my self at the mercy at 3 4 5 attempts to stop this. Luckily i bought mines from ao electrical and in the uk by law you have to allow the manufacture one attempt before you get full refund. They have been excellent as for samsung they will keep messing you around asking for vids and for numerous chances to fix something that they still dont have a clue whats causing this.  Now ive maintained its temperature based problem with low thin quality plastics used and as i said before in all other posts they didnt like that. The panels are made in slovakia and i repeat i had the new model panel fitted on 1st feb 19 and yeah it started doing it again. To the people that think this sill be fixed it cant i believe its a design flaw with temperature and curved back because ssung wont admit its a fault they wont return your cash without you near to smashing tv up after all the calls waiting and so on. Now mines was on its original stand in a grd floor flat and i live in scotland so since oct 30 18 the temp has went up and down quite oddly. I dont have underfloor heating so floor colder obvs. Theres a guy who had his wall mounted with underfloor heating and room thermostat that he had kept to whatever temp doesnt matter but it still did it.now to the other guy who is waiting on 4th fix/renewel really you have to much patience/time on your hands or as stubborn as me. Difference is i would only give them one chance and was adamant that it wouldnt fix this prob and it will be going back. Now i get lower size/series tommorrow and if that does it then it will be going straight away. Now im sure we all know now that samsung tried to get away with admitting fault as due to cost and returns but they then had the gaul to release a statement after all our discussions with them was that this tv may make sounds when turned on and heating up ok but if my tvs been on for 16hrs a day for months and still does it at night then there full of nonsense. I again say dont buy this size model and the only reason im trying this nu7400 is the price im paying as for what you get for the small amount of £700 compared to 1800 is shocking an extra hdmi better pqi hdr1000 but most else the nu7400 has all you need just a shame theres no 75inch. The bummer again as ive said before if you have this problem you allready have the tv and problem i know its not nice but if your in the u.k by law you only have to give them one attempt at fixing before legally you have right to refund so stop hoping it will be fixe after 4th 5th time it wont be. The guy that reported he got a repair or replacement panel and has had it 2 weeks isnt doing it yet oh but it will my friend mines took two weeks to do it but remember im housebound so my tv is on 16 hrs everyday so i have over 2000 hrs of screentime advantage on knowing but not the fun of the tv being thrown around so many times by engineers well thats what they call them but to me there just part changers that dont give a toss which internal bits of plastic break of when popping of outer casing. Probably for this post the nu7400 will do the same but hey ho what goes around comes around. I didnt know either that ssung tvs have an explosive reputation the things you find out oh and there lasting time is not that great either. This is all coming from independant reviewers!

0 Likes
Dizzle
Student
Options

this makes sense. When the samsung engineer was out, we could not replicate the noise when the plastic back cover was removed and the TV was on.  ONly after we put the back cover on, did it start clicking again.  Engineer felt it may be related to the panel heating up more and making noises, but the point about the thin plastic expanding/contracting starts to make more sense now. 

0 Likes
johnzp
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys,

My panel and power board were replaced and I let it run for a week to observe.... Initially, I thought it was less ticking (first couple hours after it was replaced), however, it is still ticking and doing that regularly (when ON / OFF)..... So, the panel change is out of the question for me... Now, I am thinking about plastic cover also and joins of this plastic cover with the panel itself.. and the question still remains open for me...

if anyone has a tech guy coming with the same issue... Challenge them and ask about the back cover as a possible source of noise....What can they do to make sure this is not plastic... It will be funny if this piece of plastic makes so much headache for everyone.....

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Thats what i assumed too that the back cover caused this and wanted that replaced at the start back in january but was told there out of stock and that the new model panel will fix this clicking. Theres only three bits to the tv panel and two boards which arent close to where clicking happens on far left and right the clicking comes from

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Finnaly a guy that did what i wanted to know did it do it with back off and thats what i assumed that it wasnt vented properly.  Just out of curiosity gang do you think there is much difference in watching sky hd on a nu7400 to a nu8000 i know the pqi is different by 800 but will it be bad as when watching fball on the nu8000 the actual football was slightly dissapearing when kicked fast which isnt that great i assume thats just the usual with bigger tvs yeah?  As for the glare the nu8000 is the first to have a peice of plastic film in it to reduce sun glare and my god its ***** so i know the 7400 doesnt have this so another bad point for these series. My philips 42 hd ready flat tv bought in 2006 for a grand lets you watch no problem with sun shining on it. Is this because the new tvs are edge lit or are all

totalitarian
First Poster
Options

So, i've just joined the ticking telly brigade UE65NU7670. What would you suggest, refund and a different brand or try and get it repaired. Is there actually a granteed repair method?

Very reluctant to box it up and swap it for a replacement from currys as if it's just a bad batch, surely the replacement will be the same....

0 Likes
johnzp
Apprentice
Options

If I had a chance I would return it, but too late for me now...

There is no clear solution found on how to fix it yet.. 

In my case screen replacement and power board changed under warranty didn't make a lot of improvements... 

0 Likes
DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options

Well I’ve had 2 Q7FNs which both did it, stupidly let them convince me that it was isolated to just the Q7s and that paying the extra to have the Q9FN would solve the issue... it didn’t!!! So I’m now on my second one of those which also suffers with exactly the same problem!!

However this one does do it far less than the last 3, so given how impressed I am with every other aspect of the TV (mainly for gaming, but also the occasional film) I’m trying to learn to live with it! 

I will say though when it comes to the next time I decide to upgrade, I will not go with Samsung unless I am 100% convinced they’ve sorted this bull***** out because it’s been an absolute joke!!! 

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Get it taken back as soon as you can or ask if its the new model panel i read samsung were replacing these with lg panels now. I had my nu8000 75 inch changed to new from slovakia that didnt work.  I always thought it was due to back plastic contracting expanding but i think its a vent issue that causes this problem now or as i said at start oct 18 its cheap components mostly plastic the joys of recycled plastic guys get used to it. The 7670 im not familiar with but the 7400 is perfect for the price you can get now. Freesat freeview  1700 pqi tizen sptv app internet wifi bluetooth voice recog smart remote too i got mines from ao electrical they did me a great deal because of nu8000 fiasco it took me three months to choose 75 nu8000 so i was broken when dropping to 65 to a 7 series but i tell you this its better looking and does everthing 8 series can just 3 hdmi 2 usb that play vid rec play music and also hdd i paid £649 in the end delivered and set uo and box taken away with £3 a month accidental full insurance i say the man from del monte says yes. I was going to pay 1800 for a wee bit better picture and one hdmi slot extra but i lucked out. I would have bought lg if the legs werent awful looking after what i read on this community page im disgusted by the way ive and other people have been treated by samsung and once again im glad i never bought from them as there idea of consumer rights is to not admit fault and harass people with tv part changers numerous times untill tv is fixed even after knowing this  for a year about the clicking problem of these new style backed tvs are not working or  its the cheap plastic. Theres a guy and a few going to watchdog in the uk thats tele consumer rights show about this who gets a tv part replaced  in a few months🤕

0 Likes