Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 09:51 PM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
Robert45
First Poster
Options

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

0 Likes
tvtalkturmoil
Apprentice
Options

I've been struggling with the USB and Smart Hub problems since the Samsung firmware update in Dec 2019. Presumably there will be a 'standard' firmware update from Samsung soon-ish and hopefully it will resolve the problems; has anybody heard anything about future updates?

0 Likes
jacena39
First Poster
Options

1)Take flash pen off

2)Delete all external devices : tablets etc

3) shut off theTv

4) unplug the Tv and wait for 60 seconds

5) Insert theflash pen

6) Plug the Tv  power back on and turn it on

7) Select from the menu source : the flash pen name should be there and the folders !

Al-Kaiser
First Poster
Options

My Samsung 7 series tv has the exact same problem but the solution in the comments didn't work huhuhu how do I fix this? Pls help me huhuhu

0 Likes
andrenoronha
First Poster
Options

This worked for me. Thanks! I also deleted my device shortcut at the shutchut bar.

0 Likes
troubleshoot
First Poster
Options

Hi i fixed the reloading USB and hanging issue on my old Samsung 3D TV (Model UE40D7000LS) by the following means:

When you select USB from source and it keeps on reloading , press EXIT key for 10 to 12 secs on your remote , it will exit the reloading. Now press source and select USB again this time it should work without hanging or restarting the TV.

Thanks 

RyanWuckert
First Poster
Options

Samsung 6000 series and large raid drive hooked up via USB. Some of

my folders have content and others say  no content and a creation date of dev 31 1969. Keep in mind Some disc formats cap file size to less than 4gb.

i have made sure all files are less than that. 

tried using 2 different Macs to transfer the files to the raid drive. Also tried using copy verification Software to ensure the files are not corrupt. 

cant figure what make the difference from one file to another.

anyone else got suggestions?

0 Likes
JoseRHerr
First Poster
Options

My Samsung TV 7000 is not showing anymore in Source the USB stick I was using since bought the TV. Instead there’s a new item Bell Home Hub 3000 which I didn’t install and I don’t want to use... Also the Smart Control is not working as before sometimes it works sometimes not... cannot do a Return... What could be wrong?

0 Likes
GS759
First Poster
Options

My USB problem started with the most recent firmware upgrade 1290.3 on UN40MU6300. When the hell is Samsung going to fix this? It seems there are thousands of people with this problem.

0 Likes
Momoo1
First Poster
Options

I'm having similar problems with my TV too

My TV model is UA43MU7000

It takes longer to read my usb and at the end it say "no content found" but the are folders in the usb 

May I please get help my TV is new it hardly has a full month being bought

0 Likes