Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 01-02-2020 05:35 AM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
Etham
Apprentice
Options
Lets sue this company.
mihaip41
Student
Options
Now is working. Not after reset, not after unplug. After I removed all cables (HDMI, network) and a little pause.
0 Likes
grilledchez
Apprentice
Options

I tried factory resetting, resetting the Smart Hub, and unplugging for several hours. None of those methods worked. (I also tried to download old firmware and manually update but I was not able to roll back to the previous firmware.)

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

Folks,

I have just received my TV back from Samsung with Free Of Charge  repairs arranged thru the retailer I purchased it from FOUR years back.  I say again - if you are having issues write to the retailer who you purchased the set from - see my earlier post for a template letter.

Paperwork says they have replaced the Mother Board.   Before the set went to them it had firmware version 1241.5 BUT what is in the set after the repair is Version 1231 !

The first thing I did after I switched it on was to disable auto updates!   Now to see how it performs over the next few days.  Will report back later.

John_John
Explorer
Options
@Merino-Noir wrote:

Before the set went to them it had firmware version 1241.5 BUT what is in the set after the repair is Version 1231

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@Merino-Noir wrote:

The first thing I did after I switched it on was to disable auto updates!

I had that off before Samsung decided to force that last update on me that screwed up my TV.

Good luck with your TV.

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

WTF !!!   First thing I did was switch Auto Updates off but the TV went ahead and updated its firmware anyway- it is BACK at 1241  !

Testing continues......

0 Likes
Runner043
Journeyman
Options

Hi Merino, tks for the update and interesting to hear you received the unit back on the lower version, but unfortunately it's upgraded on you!!!

for me, since i've done the factory reset and hub reset, all ok. Tv has been powered off / on to standby mode but i haven't yet removed the usb device from the tv set.

for sure Samsung have pushed out dodgy software / firmware but still no acknowledgement of an issue. i'm not sure if enough people complaining.

Mart77
Journeyman
Options

@Merino-Noir wrote:

WTF !!!   First thing I did was switch Auto Updatesoff but the TV went ahead and updated its firmware anyway- it is BACK at 1241  !

Testing continues......

Yes my TV had updates off but it was still updated 

John_John
Explorer
Options

@Merino-Noir wrote:

WTF !!!   First thing I did was switch Auto Updatesoff but the TV went ahead and updated its firmware anyway- it is BACK at 1241  !

Testing continues......

Well seems some updates are forced by Samsung no matter what options you have ticked off.

Only way to avoid it I guess not connect it to the internet.

Yet don't disapair just yet, for me I got that nasty new firmware upgrade in late November but I didn't get affected by it till late December so you could have a nice window untill it goes bad on you again and hopefully till then they would have pushed a new firmware with the fixes for everyone.

Till then everyone reading this please take the time and drop an email or a chat with your local Samsung support and tell them about your problem(s) while linking this very topic for extra info. The more we do it the better.

darrenliu
Journeyman
Options

Status update from Malaysia site. Ever since the complain to Samsung CEO 2 weeks ago, service center has been calling me for appointment to check TV log, but we didn't make it due to my tight schedule. Nothing has been done so far, but my TV has been working fine now. Smart hub works fine, usb can be detected and content is able to be displayed. I have no clue at all. 

0 Likes