Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 17-01-2020 12:49 PM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
chivui
First Poster
Options

Seems that i have the same issue! 1 hour ago was fine, now doesnt load the usb drive anymore. No problem encountered until today. My model is UE40KU6092U

0 Likes
Mart77
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here my UK Samsung 6400 uhd will not read the usb after a few days of use

Currently using the temporary fix of unplugging TV from mains,I reset the hub that worked too,but these are only fixes

Contacted my local shop I purchased the TV from and they have also heard about this problem,so no chance of getting a swap for another TV,which is 18month old but still under an extended warranty,as they say it's a Samsung problem

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

Update:  In desperation I WROTE to the retailer that I purchased my Samsung TV from and they approached Samsung on my behalf.   I included in with my letter  the full text of all my on-line chats with Samsung Support plus a 45 page dump of the entire content of this forum - all in hard copy as well as in email.

Samsung has now agreed to fix my 4 year old TV at no charge on the basis of the letter I sent to the retailer - so I have just delivered the TV to the retailer and as the problem is intermittent I expect it may be a few weeks before it is returned.

Those of you having issues with Smart Hub, I suggest you WRITE to the retailer you purchased the TV from asking for their help.  Your letter should be factual and free from emotion.  Be nice!

Outline the history of your complaint:

• state what you bought, when, where, and for what price
  • quote relevant account, customer, invoice, or serial numbers.

State the problem you have with the product o – for example, was the product faulty or unfit for the purpose you specified?   Include the date you first became aware of the problem.

Indicate the steps you have taken to resolve the issue, such as times you have visited, phoned or written to the retailer and or Samsung  or information you have gathered (from this forum) on the internet.  Where possible include the names of people you have dealt with.

Indicate that you have attached or enclosed copies of any supporting documents, such as:

• photos of problems with the product 
  • prior correspondence - including transcripts of on-line chats with Samsung or others
  • receipts (or other proof of purchase)
  • warranties or guarantees
  • contracts
  • order forms.

Note: Send copies, not original documents. You may need these documents later if you take your complaint further.

If possible, get evidence such as an independent technical report to support your claim.

Clearly state how you would like your complaint resolved – for example, you want the trader  to either:

• refund your money 
  • repair the product
  • replace the product.

Give a reasonable timeframe for the trader to take action, such as 10 working days.

Optional addition: State that if you do not hear from the trader, you will take your complaint further (to the relevant complaints agency in your country).

Include details of when and how you can be contacted.

I think it would be inappropriate to post the detail content of your letter on this forum, sufficient to tell us that you have written and when known, the outcome of your complaint to the retailer.

Good Luck.

Leon1980
Journeyman
Options

So sorry to hear you guys are still having problems, a whole month after we first started complaining. And what's even worse is every day you see more people on here complaining that their TV's are starting to act up. 

Luckily for me mine is still working fine after I did a complete reset of the TV, which didn't help but then I did a smart hub reset and it worked again.  It's been weeks now and up until now no problem, USB is working and I can stream from my PC again.

So my advice to you guys is dont just do a hub reset. Do a complete TV reset THEN the do the hub reset. This is what worked for me. 

And dont fall for Samsung's BS story about you needing to pay for a new motherboard, when all they have to do is push out a new firmware to fix the problems the last update brought.

Good luck guys

Runner043
Journeyman
Options
good work Merino-Noir and well done persevering. I'm following through with Samsung at the moment for troubleshooting steps which need to do but i'll also start making contact with the shop bought the tv from so see if they can do anything. hopefully also with your tv in repair with Samsung, they can find the fault and push out a fix.
0 Likes
John_John
Explorer
Options
So more people with the same issue.. let me guess them faulty mainboards again huh.

C'mon Samsung wake up and give us the fix with the updated firmware already.

Hey Noir good for you for making them take your TV back but not sure that is the fix. I guess maybe they wipe you clean and just put the older firmware and you will be all good :face-with-tears-of-joy: at the end of the day you should get an working product back.

For us in all parts of the world we got different vendors to deal with.. kinda hard to pull of this same maneuver, my best bet is screaming at Samsung to notice us and give us that new firmware update if that doesn't fixes it oh brother...
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

@Runner043 wrote:
good work Merino-Noir and well done persevering. I'm following through with Samsung at the moment for troubleshooting steps which need to do but i'll also start making contact with the shop bought the tv from so see if they can do anything. hopefully also with your tv in repair with Samsung, they can find the fault and push out a fix.

Keep at them but remember you want them to help so BE NICE  but persistant.  If you give up or back off then they are off the hook.  Keep copies of all chats etc so you can use them to support your case.

You may even consider starting a diary recording dates and times of issues with your set as well as any interaction you have with your retailer , Samsung or any one else.

It is a shame we need to do this but needs must.

darrenliu
Journeyman
Options

I wrote to Samsung CEO of Malaysia, and below is the reply. Samsung service called me for an appointment to retrieve log from my tv, in order to understand what has gone wrong. I wonder, why can't they just try the firmware on any of their TV. It still gives me a feeling that mine is the only TV in Malaysia that has problem. 

Reply by Samsung:

"Thank you for taking your valuable time to write in feedback to us. We regret to hear on what had en­countered to your TV Model UA55MU8000KXXM after the latest firmware update.
We have escalated on what you had voiced out to our respecti­ve department for fu­rther investigation and action. Your inp­ut and feedback will be collated and con­sidered properly and certain measures wi­ll be taken to impro­ve on this issue.
We truly apologies for the inconvenience caused and your kind patience is much appreciated while we sorting this out."
Regards,
CEO Office

SAHIL11
Apprentice
Options

Leon 1980 

thanks bro... ur solution worked for me....

guys try this solution
Do a complete TV reset THEN the do the hub reset.

John_John
Explorer
Options

Hello there Sahil11,

Did you wait a few days and powered down the TV a few times to see if the fix still worked ?

Or you just did this right now and everything is a-ok ? and then after 3 days you are back here telling us it's still not good 😞

That is what I'm asking you tested it good or just did it now cause the other fixes some worked but eventually after you shut down the TV or after a few days we still have them.

0 Likes