Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 01:13 PM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
ELewsley
Journeyman
Options

Apologies lol , for some reason i thought i started this post (not that it matters) but it looks like i didnt and is my mem playing tricks on me , all good and thanks to whoever did as samsung must have seen this buy now and like other guy said they should respond and not bury head in sand 

🙂

0 Likes
darrenliu
Journeyman
Options

I just wrote an email to CEO of Samsung Malaysia, regarding our issue. I also put in our community link for reading.

I think that's the best we can do now by hoping a fix in the firmware from Samsung.

Trueeadog
Student
Options

I am waiting for a call back from Samsung Support UK after posting a link to thisthread and tagging them on Twitter.

dukey42
Apprentice
Options

, can you share the link so we can re-tweet it?

0 Likes
JEhlephant
Student
Options

Ive been having the same issue.  For a while, if i gave it a minute to load it would be able to read the HDD.  Recently, it will just get to the screen and then freeze while loading.  Simple solution to the problem.  Connect your external hard drive directly into your router.  As long as your tv is connected to your home network it will pick it up.  Not all routers support NAS (Network Attached Storage) but if it has a USB port it should work just fine.  You'll also be able to access your external drive on multiple devices and simultaneously.  Sorry for the late reply, but this just started happening with my Samsung UN55KU6290 and I was searching for a fix.  Hope this helps! 

Trueeadog
Student
Options

Hi dukey42,

I cannot find the tweet now, maybe they removed it as I tagged them, just tweet me @trueseadog with a link to this thread and tag @SamsungHelpUK, I will reply and retweet, still no call to me from them.

Cheers

0 Likes
StanS1
Student
Options
Unplugging the set from the wall for 15 seconds has always worked in restoring access to the USB drive for me. Instead of doing that, I  used a wired remote switch which makes this much easier to accomplish. Search Amazon for "SPS1036GF/27" . This is a Philips Extension Cord with Footswitch, 9 Ft Long Cord, One Polarized Outlet, On/Off Switch $8 but you can probably get one at a local hardware store.
0 Likes
StanS1
Student
Options

I was able to plug my USB drive into my Netgear router and configure the router so that the tv now sees the drive and its contents. Thanks for suggesting this solution! I just hope that Samsung sees fit to update the software so that no one else has to go this route.

0 Likes
ELewsley
Journeyman
Options

i bought 3 ir plugs off ebay for summin like £12 for same purpose (more than 1 way to skin a cat ) :smiling-face: :victory-hand:

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

WORK AROUNDS ARE NOT A FIX

Smart plugs to remote power cycle the TV;  setting up DLNA servers on your PC (or Mac); attaching drives to your router.  Well folks they are only work arounds - they do NOT solve the root cause, which is a faulty Samsung TV.

And unfortunatly I have tried  all those work arounds and the "fix" does not last.  I have a DLNA server AND a drive connected to my router and when all is working well all is working but when the TV decides its enough (at least once a day) it will not connect to any of them.  Try to, and I am greated with the stationary wheel of death on the TV screen.

The only restart option that works is a power cycle at the wall socket - but no prize for guessing how long it lasts - thats right - less than 24 hours!

It clearly is something very wrong with the functioning of the SDamsung Smart HUb - thats the functionality that makes our TV's smart.  When its not working then they are dumb TV's  that we paid smart TV prices for.

WHAT SAMSUNG NEEDS TO DO

Work arounds are OK but the real answer is for us ALL to keep banging on Samsungs door till they 

1.  Acknowledge that it is THEIR PROBLEM.

2.  Put in a plan to fix it

3.  Then implement a real fix

ALL at NO COST to the consumers.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KEEP DOING

So if you contact Samsung and they DO NOT even acknowledge its their problem , or worse (as happened to me) tell you thet YOU MUST PAY for Samsung to even check the problem,  keep on contacting them, every day if need be, requesting THEY fix it at NO COST TO YOU  - remember, be nice.     In addition look to your consumer protection laws and exercise YOUR rights, after all that's what those laws are for.

Oh ... and keep all on this forum informed of your progress