Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 12:58 AM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
Joey13
First Poster
Options

so I just sent this to the CEO.

Sir, I wish to draw your attention to issues being experienced with your Smart TV's in many countries. It seems that there are serious problems accessing media on attached USB devices as well as media on Media Servers accessed via the TV's Smart Hub. It appears to be related to a recent firmware upgrade.

A large number of your customers are impacted with many saying they would NEVER purchase another Samsung product.

You can read more about these matters by visiting the Samsung Community Forum at this link.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-tv-stopped-reading-usb-drives/m-p/787736#M20284

If you are already aware of these matters, why not put out some announcement advising how it can be resolved or an indication on what Samsung is planning to do to resolve your customers concerns.

As you will see from the forum, users have repeatedly contacted the support team and not been given a satisfactory answer or solution. A TV that is less than four years old should not need a mother board replaced.

If Samsung fails to address this then the next port of call will be the ACCC as this is not a device that should fail so quickly and I will be financially disadvantaged having to replace it.

Perhaps someone in your software area could look at doing a rollback on the most recent firmware updates 

Thank You,

Siopao
Apprentice
Options

You're the best sir! Hope they address this particular problem soon. True, TVs that are 4 years old or less shouldnt have irreparable damage that would need any replacement in the motherboard. I mean, it's just lazy on their part when they tell us that.

Kudos!

NicolaV
Journeyman
Options
Same issue for me!
Samsung TV UE55MU6400
software version: 1280.5
miculas10
First Poster
Options
UPDATE: Hello everyone i m back after 4 days the loading screen problem is back 😞 , i have to unplug tv from wall and plug it back again to working again...i do no when is resolving this USB Loading screen...
0 Likes
mikez2
First Poster
Options

Same problem....known good usb stick  fails to work....looks like this has been a problem for months...hope they fix it soon

0 Likes
InternetBob
First Poster
Options

joined just to say i'm having the same problem. hopefully someone at samsung will notice this thread and it will be fixed in the next update. 

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

They will ONLY notice it if YOU tell them about it.  PLEASE can all who are having this problem go to their Samsung web site and send a message to our local Samsung CEO providing a link back to this forum.

@InternetBob wrote:

joined just to say i'm having the same problem. hopefully someone at samsung will notice this thread and it will be fixed in the next update. 

Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

Having received the "fob off " reply from Samsungs local CEO office (see below) I have just sent the following back to them.  I suggest if you get a like reply to your messages to Samasung you also send something to them like mine.  Here is what I just sent.

I, like 100’s of Samsung customers across the globe, have already been in contact with the Samsung Customer Support Team who were either unwilling or unable to provide a solution to what is clearly a firmware issue.  We all have been having EXACTLY the same problem with our Samsung Smart TV’s since the last firmware was auto installed by Samsung.  That firmware has crippled all but the reception of broadcast transmissions – making the TV’s NOT Smart.  My Samsung TV is no longer fit for the purpose for which it was purchased – watching media from my media server and from attached USB devices.

There is a wealth of information and complaints from your customers on the Samsung customer forum

What is possibly needed is for Samsung globally to recognise then take ownership  and drive to a solution – be it a roll back to an earlier firmware version, the roll out of a bug free new firmware solution or if neither is possible a full refund of the total purchase price for ALL impacted consumers world-wide  given that their Samsung  TV’s are no longer fit for purpose.

The courtesy of a non-automated reply would be a good start

Thank You,

--------------------------------------------------------------

@Merino-Noir wrote:

@Merino-Noir wrote:

I have just sent the following email message to the SAMSUNG CEO Office.  Now to wait and see what, if any, response ismade by Samsung to our issues.

"Sir, I wish to draw your attention to issues being experienced with your Smart TV's in many countries. It seems that there are serious problems accessing media on attached USB devices as well as media on Media Servers accessed via the TV's Smart Hub.

A large number of your customers are impacted with many saying they would NEVER purchase another Samsung product.

You can read more about these matters by visiting the Samsung Community Forum at this link.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-tv-stopped-reading-usb-drives/m-p/787736#M20284

If you are already aware of these matters, why not put out some announcement advising how it can be resolved or an indication on what Samsung is planning to do to resolve your customers concerns,

Thank You,

Martyn, Australia"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Below is the initial reply from SAMSUNG.  As I posted earlier I have already been down the path of contacting their Customer Service only to be told that the mother board needed to be replaced - and as others on this forum have found - once the mother board is replaced - suprise!   the problems are still there.

Dear Martyn,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Australia Office of the CEO, we endeavor to respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.

Need support right now?
Did you know the Samsung Customer Care team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via
Phone by calling 1300 362 603 or
Live Chat: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_Service/AU

If you would like Technical Support via email you can contact our Technical Support team by clicking the link below:
https://www.samsung.com/au/support/email-technical-question/

We look forward to speaking with you soon,

Thank you

0 Likes
SAHIL11
Apprentice
Options
i joined just to say i'm having the same problem. my samsung model is UA43MU6100
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

The worst aspect of this issue is that - for me at least it is intermittent.  Sometimes the TV works just fine then othertimes it give the screen of death whenever I try to use any snart functions.  My quick fix is power off at the wall , wait 10 minutes then power back.  SometimeI need to do this 2 or 3 times before I get it working .

As I said earlier the ONLY way we will get this actioned is we ALL independently contact Samsung and complain - and keep complaining to Sansung direct till its fixed.