Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 09:08 AM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

@Merino-Noir wrote:

I have just sent the following email message to the SAMSUNG CEO Office.  Now to wait and see what, if any, response ismade by Samsung to our issues.

"Sir, I wish to draw your attention to issues being experienced with your Smart TV's in many countries. It seems that there are serious problems accessing media on attached USB devices as well as media on Media Servers accessed via the TV's Smart Hub.

A large number of your customers are impacted with many saying they would NEVER purchase another Samsung product.

You can read more about these matters by visiting the Samsung Community Forum at this link.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-tv-stopped-reading-usb-drives/m-p/787736#M20284

If you are already aware of these matters, why not put out some announcement advising how it can be resolved or an indication on what Samsung is planning to do to resolve your customers concerns,

Thank You,

Martyn, Australia"

Below is the initial reply from SAMSUNG.  As I posted earlier I have already been down the path of contacting their Customer Service only to be told that the mother board needed to be replaced - and as others on this forum have found - once the mother board is replaced - suprise!   the problems are still there.

Dear Martyn,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Australia Office of the CEO, we endeavor to respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.

Need support right now?
Did you know the Samsung Customer Care team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via
Phone by calling 1300 362 603 or
Live Chat: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_Service/AU

If you would like Technical Support via email you can contact our Technical Support team by clicking the link below:
https://www.samsung.com/au/support/email-technical-question/

We look forward to speaking with you soon,

Thank you

0 Likes
Siopao
Apprentice
Options

I have tried resetting my tv but the problem persists. 😞

Still stuck on the loading circle. But adjacent hdmi plugs work.

0 Likes
dukey42
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here, version 1241.

BOTH usb and DLNA are stuck at loading.

Cold starting the TV and force closing the app does NOT always solve the issue.

And you cant expect us to reset smart hub and reinstall all our app everyday.

Fix the ***** thing.

0 Likes
miculas10
First Poster
Options

Update: After 2 days ago a have selected this option "unplug tv from wall and plug it back" , and its working for me this is the 3 day when i m using my HDD whit usb conect to TV for waching movies and no more loading screen for me,but i don t no this is a permanent isue or not.

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

I have received a reply to my earlier message (see below) to the SAMSUNG CEO here in Australia.  It appears to be the official line that recommends IContact Tech support.  Something already done without sucess..

I encourage all of you with issues the the SAMSUNG TV's to go to your local SAMSUNG web site and search for the link to contact the CEO then send him a message along the lines of the one I sent - it may be a way of proding the sleeping bear into action.  Worth a try!

here is the reply just in....

Good Afternoon Martyn,

Thank you for reaching out to Samsung Australia’s CEO Team regarding your enquiry.

Please note that Samsung television’s are manufactured directly for different markets around the world and that a television model sold in Europe may vary to a model sold within Australia even though it has a similar product name.

With this said if you or any other customer is expereincing an issue with their television I would invite them to contact our customer service team for technical support. Within Australia our Customer Care Team can be contacted on 1300 362 603 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will be happy to assist where I can.

Kind Regards,

Daniel | CEO Representative - Email |
Service & Logistics Division |Samsung Electronics Australia
3 Murray Rose Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park. NSW 2127 Australia
E special.voc@samsung.com  | W http://www.samsung.com/au

@Merino-Noir wrote:

@Merino-Noir wrote:

I have just sent the following email message to the SAMSUNG CEO Office.  Now to wait and see what, if any, response ismade by Samsung to our issues.

"Sir, I wish to draw your attention to issues being experienced with your Smart TV's in many countries. It seems that there are serious problems accessing media on attached USB devices as well as media on Media Servers accessed via the TV's Smart Hub.

A large number of your customers are impacted with many saying they would NEVER purchase another Samsung product.

You can read more about these matters by visiting the Samsung Community Forum at this link.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-tv-stopped-reading-usb-drives/m-p/787736#M20284

If you are already aware of these matters, why not put out some announcement advising how it can be resolved or an indication on what Samsung is planning to do to resolve your customers concerns,

Thank You,

Martyn, Australia"

Below is the initial reply from SAMSUNG.  As I posted earlier I have already been down the path of contacting their Customer Service only to be told that the mother board needed to be replaced - and as others on this forum have found - once the mother board is replaced - suprise!   the problems are still there.

Dear Martyn,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Australia Office of the CEO, we endeavor to respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.

Need support right now?
Did you know the Samsung Customer Care team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via
Phone by calling 1300 362 603 or
Live Chat: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_Service/AU

If you would like Technical Support via email you can contact our Technical Support team by clicking the link below:
https://www.samsung.com/au/support/email-technical-question/

We look forward to speaking with you soon,

Thank you

0 Likes
mehdimeskin
Student
Options

I found that this problem is associated with a virus on your USB drive. So first format your USB with a new system that does not have a virus.
Then for copying your files to the USB drive, do not open the drive, and just send each file by right click and using the "send to" feature.

0 Likes
ELewsley
Journeyman
Options

sill billy , all these folk dont have virus's or maybe they were hacked by Samsung servers . OOOO lol . I had to reply to virus 🙂 hehe

GiladD
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same thing is happening to me, both with USB sticks and external hard drives! This is infuriating.

I have tried a full reset, a smart hub reset and disconnecting the TV from the power entirely, waiting a while and then plugging it back it, and while that works for a bit, the issue returns after a couple of days.

The TV identifies the external devices but when I enter them via the Source menu it displays just a blank screen and doesn't load any of the files or folders, no matter how long I wait.

TV Model Code: UE43MU6125

Software version: T-KTMDEUC-1280.5

I expect an immediate solution from Samsung to this issue, or I will go back to the vendor and demand a refund, even if the warranty is expired, as this is clearly a software issue. Also, the suggestion that this might be caused by a "virus" on the USB stick is ridiculous.

xtsimpo
Apprentice
Options

This bug infects both older and newer TV models and it's clearly a firmware issue. This is unacceptable. 

John_John
Explorer
Options

Of course it is from thier latest firmware updates.

Now it was the holidays and more people used thier USB sticks and external hard drives etc to watch movies with the family and what we all got 'faulty' mainboards and 'viruses' please be real it is BS from thier latest update.

Wait for them to finnaly notice us (send emails to your local samsung suport country) and then they will fix it with an update so a few weeks imo cause just now they are returning from thier own vacations.

Note to self disable any ***** updates they bing nothing good.. for the future to save me the hassle.