Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 12:31 AM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

240 REPLIES 240
Verity
Apprentice
Options

Tried resetting the Smart Hub twice. It didn't work for me

0 Likes
Mv2Player
First Poster
Options

Problem:

With old firmware there was no problem but with new there is a problem with USB loading screen of death on Samsung tvs.

Why?:

Because Samsung decided to scan what people watch on usb. The owner of smart tv is corporation and you as a cosumer do not have options to control, choose, or disagree. If you disagree with terms and conditions it will not let you use Smart tv ( the same is with cellphones, tablets, smart watches...). In a simple words Corporations make money of selling your personal informations to whoever pay more (hi, this is fishermen store, how much money do you want to send me names and addresses and emails and cell phones of 1 million people who like fishing?). 

Temporary solution:

-hold 10 seconds back button

-reset tv->support->self diagnosis->reset->pin:0000 (start over all settings except network it takes 15 mim

-call samsung $0.50 cents/hour overseas representative and ask for support and lose a couple hours of your time and life

-reset hub

-unplug tv from wall and plug it back

Permanent solution:

-wait until someone make anti-advertising youtube clip for usb samsung glitch and wait until it hits 1 million views and Samsung is going to fix the software

-buy any Android tv box $30-$100 and duck taped it on the back of tv (this is going to give you hacked cable for free, usb without glich, better browser, games, and 4k youtube streaming)

-hack tv and downgrade firmware and turne off auto updates.

-buy other brand (Hisence, Vizio, TCL...)

-smash tv and do more people time instead of screen time

miculas10
First Poster
Options

Hello I have Samsumg KS8000 , Software version: 1241 and i get the USB problem yesturday , I resetted the Smart hub on my tv and it fixed it, but the issue its come back today :(, now i tryed this option "unplug tv from wall and plug it back" now its working fine , i m waching every day movie from my 3TB HDD i come back whit update tomorrow if working or i have the same problem , PS sorry my engliesh ..

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

Update to my earlier post.  If you are running Windows 10 it has a native DLNA media server within  it - costs nothing and windows compatability is assured.  It allows streaming of ALL media on the network to any network connected device such as a smart TV, android phone or tablet etc.

Forget fighting with the USB port issues.

More info here

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-dlna-server-in-windows-10/

0 Likes
darrenliu
Journeyman
Options

I'm Darren from Malaysia, own MU8000. After upgrading to firmware 1280.5, I realized the same usb issue. But I don't think it's solely usb detection problem. It's problem with loading issue. When I press App at Home page, the page is unable to be loaded as well. Anyone can try as well. 

0 Likes
Leon1980
Journeyman
Options
Hi Darren, my TV is working properly again. All I did was reset the smart hub. I initially did a factory reset but the problem persisted, then i tried resetting the smart hub only and it worked. Been 2 days now since then and everything is still working, so try resetting ONLY the smart hub and see if it helps.
0 Likes
Norea
First Poster
Options

Hi I was the One that responded that it finally worked after resetting smart hub a few replies back... Bad news... today it happened again. I give up. Hopefully they come up with a new firmware. I’m using 1280 currently

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

@darrenliu wrote:

I'm Darren from Malaysia, own MU8000. After upgrading to firmware 1280.5, I realized the same usb issue. But I don't think it's solely usb detection problem. It's problem with loading issue. When I press App at Home page, the page is unable to be loaded as well. Anyone can try as well. 

Hi Darren,

I think you are correct as I am having issues now trying to use the smart hub - at times if I select a source OTHER than TV it can take a long time to load.  My current work around when this happens  is to power the TV down by removing the power cord from the wall socket, wait 5 minutes then power it back up again.

But this is NOT a fix.

Clearly there are major issues with the firmware currently in our Samsung now "Not So Smart" TV sets.

Martyn in Australia

0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

I have just sent the following email message to the SAMSUNG CEO Office.  Now to wait and see what, if any, response ismade by Samsung to our issues.

"Sir, I wish to draw your attention to issues being experienced with your Smart TV's in many countries. It seems that there are serious problems accessing media on attached USB devices as well as media on Media Servers accessed via the TV's Smart Hub.

A large number of your customers are impacted with many saying they would NEVER purchase another Samsung product.

You can read more about these matters by visiting the Samsung Community Forum at this link.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-tv-stopped-reading-usb-drives/m-p/787736#M20284

If you are already aware of these matters, why not put out some announcement advising how it can be resolved or an indication on what Samsung is planning to do to resolve your customers concerns,

Thank You,

Martyn, Australia"

darrenliu
Journeyman
Options

To be precise with the problem, I experienced that the whole operating system is lagging, such as Youtube, Spotify, going in and out of TV setting, they are no longer smooth like before. Hence, we have page loading issue with Smart Hub and USB reading. 

0 Likes