Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV, Soundbar with Subwoofer and Rear Boxes - 5.1 is not working!

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 07:48 PM)
Tormentor667
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung Team and Customers,

I am currently having a problem with my Samsung TV and the additional components Soundbar, Subwoofer and Rear Boxes. I have bought this hardware:

• Samsung UE55H6470 139 cm (55 Inch) 3D LED-Backlight-TV, EEK A+  black
  • Samsung HW-M360 Soundbar (200W, Bluetooth, Surround-Sound-Expansion) black
  • Samsung SWA-8500S/EN Wireless Rear Speaker Kit black

I connected the Samsung UE55 TV and thr HW-M360 Soundbar with an optical cable, the M360 Subwoofer and the SWA-8500S Rear Speakers are connected successfully and I do get sound on all 4 devices (soundbar, rear left, rear right, subwoofer).

So what's the problem now?

I do get signals but it's only an upmixed stereo signal on the additional devices (rear left, rear right, can't tell what the subwoofer is getting though), I guess it's not more than a 2.0 signal. I tried it on the Samsung Smarthub apps with Youtube and Netflix (where I know, the signal is definiely 5.1) and it is not working. Front left and front right are also played on the rear left and rear right boxes and so it is vice versa. The subwoofer (if controlled directly) doesn't output any sound at all.

In various other threads I read about setting the sound settings in a specific way, so this is what I tried first. First I checked the TV Audiodevice which is set to the optical cable (all fine, I do get sound from them, and not from the TV built-in speakers). Next I checked the "Audio > Expert Settings > Audio Format" and the standard setting is "PCM". As far as I understood it correctly, PCM is an uncompressed audio format which is only capable of 2.0 Stereo (or actually upmixing it to 5 channels), not what I want. There is also "Dolby Digital" and "DTS" which is unfortunately greyed out, I can't use it. The only other usable option is "DTS Neo 2:5" which (as far as I read it) also only a upmixed stereo signal sent to the 5.1 system.

I unfortunately haven't found a solution so far, so I'd be happy to know what I can do to get a real 5.1. signal from my Samsung TV to the Soundbar, the Subwoofer and the Rear Boxes.

Thanks kindly for your help,
best regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
is there a ARC label on any hdmi socket on tv,if so connect a hdmi cable from there to sound bar, just an idea
0 Likes
Tormentor667
First Poster
Options

The Samsung HW-M360 Soundbar does't have an HDMI input, it only has USB, AUX input and optical/toslink input (the latter is the one that I attached to the TV).

0 Likes
Tormentor667
First Poster
Options

According to the Samsung support, the M360 is not able to "use" a 5.1 signal even if the expansion kit has been added. Therefore I needed to by a soundbar system that is capable of working with a 5.1 system. I purchased the Samsung Soundbar HW-Q60T and I will be able to try it tomorrow and report back.

This is still very annoying as the Rear Boxes Kit is compatible with the M360 but all it does is upmixing the 2.0 sound, no real 5.1 even though the Samsung product page for the rear boxes talks about "real surround sound".

0 Likes
Members_CN49jF6
First Poster
Options

Hi - did you test the HW-Q60T with the rear speakers?

I have the same issue like you. I have the HW-Q60T linked to SWA-8500S. The sound is always 3.1 - not 5.1. In other words center and LFE channel work properly, but the front left and surround left channels are coupled. The right channel is coupled too for front and surround.

How does it work in your case?

0 Likes
M-T 2
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem, did you guys figure it out ?

0 Likes