Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV screen damaged

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 06:13 PM)
Amie A
First Poster
Options

I got given a tv for my birthday. It was purchased only 3 weeks ago and has 5 year warranty on it. I went away for a few days and came back home to see the top right corner of my tv has began almost peeling, making a bubble. No-one was home during the time I received the tv therefore no-one had touched it. Not knowing what this was I did a live chat with Samsung where I was asked to send a photo of the damage which I did and a photo of a picture test which I did. Be mindful that this peeling doesn’t come as far as the tv picture so it isn’t affected but either way you spend a lot on something for it to be basically perfect. He booked it for a repair and told me it would be covered by warranty. Fast forward to my In-home repair appointment, the engineers came and took the tv with them. They had said something along the lines of ‘the secondary layer’ was peeling. The next day I get a call from the repair company saying I have to pay, so I called Samsung about this. They are saying it isn’t covered by warranty, despite the fact I haven’t laid a hand on this part of the tv and wasn’t even in the house with it to damage it. I am awaiting a call from a manager but as of right now they are refusing to cover the cost of this damage!!!! What do I do?? And Why do I need to pay for a damage which I didn’t cause and is clearly a manufacturing issue!!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Limited warranty from samsung. Was it purchased from samsung
G G
0 Likes
Amie A
First Poster
Options

No, it was purchased through curry’s 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's so disappointing. Anyway, as you bought it from Curry's that's who your contract is with and under the Sale of Goods Act they need to put matters right.

Let us know how you get on.
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Unfortunately they might make a fuss you went to samsung before them found currys abit slippery so might be worth not mentioning
G G
0 Likes
jasto
Journeyman
Options

Did you get this sorted ? I am having a similar issue with Samsung and they dont want to know. 

0 Likes