Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Plus / Freesat

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 03:55 PM)
John-66
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a 2020 55" Q70T, which is connected to both a digital aerial and a satellite dish. 99% of the time the TV is on the DVB-S2 tuner (as I we get a better picture from the dish, and is less prone to atmospheric interference). The only time I switch to the aerial is if there is something on Channel 4 HD that I want to watch, or if I want to look at the Samsung TV Plus channels. 

Now that Channel 4 HD has returned to Freesat. can anyone tell me if there is a way of accessing the TV Plus channels without have to keep switching between Satellite and Aerial? I've never found a way of showing the TV Plus channels whist on Freesat, and as I now have no reason switch to the aerial I would like to be able to access the TV Plus range of channels whilst leaving the main tuner on satellite.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
davidmarshall15
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar question.

Had both freesat and terrestrial connected, initially freesat was in my source but Samsung TV plus has replaced that with terrestrial channels.
I have unplugged the aerial while leaving the two satellite cables connected, reran the auto tuning setup and Freesat appears in my sources, however if at anytime I select Samsung TV Plus the Freesat disappears.

Is there any way to completely reset Samsung TV Plus, so that it picks up the satellite channels now only satellite is connected.

I am hoping if someone has an answer, it applies to both the OP and my post.

Model: QE65QN95A 

Thanks in advanced.

0 Likes
Options

I have the same problem when viewing Samsung tv plus have to retune freesat i now would like to remove Samsung tv plus app from home screen have spoken to Samsung on the phone for over hour they could not resolve the problem any told me I would have to  retune freesat every time I access the Samsung tv plus app.

0 Likes
davidmarshall15
Apprentice
Options

I reset the TV, tuned in freesat, signed in and let the tv setup, then disabled samsung tv plus.
This has fixed it for me, now freesat remains on the launch bar and in source it shows samsung tv plus but when selecting that it goes to freesat. 

EDIT: To disable samsung tv plus long select it on the launch bar then use the menu that popups up below it.

Options

I have a similar issue. I use freesat, but because of that Samsung TV Plus wont work. So, get the Samsung TV Plus channels back in have to switch to terrestrial.

It just feels like something that was known about but overlooked. No logic as to why this wont work as its IPTV.

I have to say that although I love this TV it feels like an unfinished product. Lots of little glitches that required a cold reboot and buggy software

0 Likes
PeterRH
First Poster
Options
I have a new S95B TV and the issue of Samsung tv plus using terrestrial aerial is very frustrating. No straight forward menu's to get the TV back to satellite feed - obscure process using the other remote control. Come on samsung provide a fix for this bug? Thank you.
Cory Thompson
First Poster
Options

While on the TV guide, press the settings button (the 123 button).

Then arrow down as is it goes, and then arrow right to aerial type and choose your feed.

My issue with this TV is I can't get freesat to show the preview in top left of screen, nor will freesat combine the guide with the TV plus channels. But the normal satellite feed will do both. 

0 Likes