Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tv only lasts 3 years?

(Topic created on: 13-08-2022 08:37 PM)
nathF
Journeyman
Options
My pride and joy is broken!
My 2019 50 inch 4k HDR TV has gone wrong after 3 faultless years.
The picture is jumping up and down by 1cm then goes blurry, 2 seconds later it does it again, over and over.
It's doing it on all inputs, hdmi and ethernet and wifi. I've replaced all the cables, even measured my mains socket voltage and everything.
I've changed all the eco settings, motion control etc.

Anyone have any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Buy a new TV 🤣

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
nathF
Journeyman
Options
If I do it won't be a Samsung.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That's bad, I've had my Samsung TV since 2014. Time for the old git phrase "they don't make 'em the way they used to!"
Andrew2735
Pioneer
Options
I think they are designed to fail after 3 or 4 years so that you buy a new one.
nathF
Journeyman
Options
So there's no point buying quality then. Might as well just get a cheap £200 TV. Ah well.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @nathF  You have not named the model but can you check you have the latest update on the Samsung support site (there was  a recent update for  2019 QLED AND RU series)   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/  (can be downloaded to USB if not available OTA)

If so or it does not sort it out I would suggest unplugging from mains for around 5 minutes and trying again. However you may need to do a picture test, Support-Self Diagnosis-Picture Test. If the Test fails then it would need investigation if you wanted to go down that route.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

nathF
Journeyman
Options
Ue50ru7020kxxu/T-msldeuc-1395.2/octu3sema00552f
That's model,software,serial numbers. Done the unplugging, and it's also doing it on all 3 picture tests, all inputs, all the time. The whole screen jumps up 1cm, jumps back down, goes fuzzy/blurry. 2 seconds later it does it again, over and over. It makes no difference what I am watching, blu ray hdmi, wifi, ethernet cable, laptop hdmi. I've replaced all cables, changed eco settings, watched tons of videos on YouTube but they all talk about flickering which it is not.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@nathF  There is a 1401.0 now available   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50RU7020KXXU/ = I Take it Ambient light detection is switched off.  If not sorted may be issue with panel.

Support contact details here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/#product-support 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

nathF
Journeyman
Options
Cheers, I've checked for software update but it says there aren't any, says current version is 1395
0 Likes