Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV NS5300 Toslink Audio Optical volume is low to Home Cinema System?

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 04:52 PM)
RayGray
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a 32 inch Samsung NS5300 Television. My home cinema system Sony is Aux cable so I bought a Toslink Optical Audio converter but the maximum volume now available through my home cinema system is only average not loud at all. Why is this and how do I fix the problem? Weirdly if I do a sound test on my TV setting the tone it uses to test is really really loud. However the volume for the TV programmes etc is low?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @RayGray,

how are you doing? I have had a look into this and it appears that the TV doesn't have any control over the optical audio converter. Have you tried to use a different one or contacted the manufacturer to provide you with more information about why this happens? 

0 Likes
RayGray
First Poster
Options

A different one what? A optical cable? 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

We meant a different converter. Are you able to do that or try the converted with any other devices? ^TM

0 Likes
RayGray
First Poster
Options

Well not really I have already spent a lot of money on this TV the cables and the converter. The converter is extremely well review ed so I doubt it is that tbh

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I really do understand your frustration @RayGray  However, our support on how to connect other-brand devices to our TV's is limited. I can also see that this model is not an EU one, so I would encourage you to contact our colleagues in your area to provide you with further information.  Find their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/ 

0 Likes
RayGray
First Poster
Options

It is an EU television. I am in the United Kingdom. This is a brand new Samsung TV and something is holding the volume back need help with this matter.

Samsung UE32N5300 32" Full HD Television.
0 Likes
Huxo
First Poster
Options
I’ve a similar problem. Trying to use optical out via converter but Doesn’t work. Same TV, but Ua.
0 Likes
RayGray
First Poster
Options

Samsung can we get a proper solution to this issue please. I bought your television I need loud audio 

0 Likes
Punkman
Apprentice
Options

I've got exactly the same problem with my QE65. Low volume to my soundbase and have to turn up the volume high to get any sound out of it. Likewise, when you do the sound test this plays load through the soundbase. This issue has nothing to do with what you are connecting to but the line output volume of the optical connection. Clearly the test demonstrates the optical line output can play louder then when you are watching TV etc. 

Samsung - please have a look into this and seems like a software update would fix this.

0 Likes