Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Not Showing On YouTube Casting Option

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 03:49 AM)
RandomlySet
First Poster
Options

Morning all....

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and also a Samsung Smart TV (IIRC, the model is UE43H6400).

Anyway, in the past, I could instantly cast YouTube from my phone to my TV without having to access the hub. However, for the past week, I no longer get the cast icon appear in YouTube. I actually now have to load the Smart Hub, start up the YouTube app and then cast. Annoying as hell TBH.

Any ideas what may have caused this? 

34 REPLIES 34
carmy66
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I'm well versed in network interoperability, and have played with multiple configurations. I feel like this is an issue with the Tizen OS. As I stated, my 2 UN58H5202 have zero issues, however they are Smart Hub sets. 

0 Likes
AJ86
First Poster
Options

Clean the running apps and do a memory boost from the device manager

0 Likes
qtquanta
First Poster
Options

I had this issue and solved it with a network solution.

I had my router configured to broadcast 2 channels for the same network: a 2.4 Ghz channel and a 5 GHz channel. I switched my router to broadcast one SSID and assign the devices to the appropriate channel. This was called Smart Connect on my router (TP-Link Archer CX3200).

I figured this out while setting up a chromecast on my TV and it said I needed to disable AP Isolation.

I don't know why this was the issue, or why it was working for a while but ceased working later. Hopefully it solves this problem for someone else.

I was able to see the TV in my Home and discover with with the SmartThings app, but I was unable to cast to it from YouTube.

0 Likes
Ricky3938
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue but it seems that the root cause was the new router I got, which somehow on non Android tvs connected through wifi doesn't allow the YouTube to be casted over a cell phone or tablet on the same wifi. I managed to sort this out connecting the router to the tv with an Ethernet cable.

0 Likes
kintaro1975
First Poster
Options

I have the same model tv.  same issues.  I used to be able to cast to this tv from al of my devices on my network.  but not anymore.

0 Likes