Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Not Refreshing NAS Information

(Topic created on: 01-11-2020 08:07 AM)
swfcowls
Apprentice
Options

In May, I purchased a UE43RU7020K Smart TV from Amazon.co.uk and came a cross an issue when used with a Network Attached Storage device. I use the ZyXEL NSA320S.

The TV successfully recognises it, but for some reason, it doesn't change the files and folders on the NAS to reflect any changes made.

Every time I want to use the NAS source on the TV, it displays the file and folders that were in place when it FIRST connected, meaning I'm unable to use this source, particular as it states there is an error playing the selected file.

Strangely enough, when you put the same video file on a USB memory stick or portable hard drive and connect them through the USB ports, it has no problems playing the file.

I conclude, that because it doesn't refresh the file structure information from the NAS, then it gets confused, hence the errors.

I did ask a question on the subject before, but got no response, so hoping I might this times, as it's very frustrating.

Appreciate any help in resolving this issue, especially as Samsung Support have had two months and not got back to me yet.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xkoeckiiej
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem, i moved some folders on my synology nas yet theyre duped on the tv. The folders show up at the new place just fine , but also on the old place where the files are inaccessible.

how can i rebuild the database in the samsung tv? (50q70t)

0 Likes
swfcowls
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, no one has provided a solution and no acknowledgement from Samsung. Its very frustrating and I have stopped using it. 

0 Likes
badgerfly
First Poster
Options

Any updates regarding this issue? It seems like network drive support is super wonky at the moment.

0 Likes
swfcowls
Apprentice
Options

Nope, nothing. Don't think Samsung are interested. Not even been any kind of firmware update either to suggest that they have fixed it without letting people know. Very disappointed with Samsung support.

0 Likes
wackowizzard
Student
Options

try renaming a parent folder to rebuild index

0 Likes
swfcowls
Apprentice
Options

Already tried that, but made no difference 😣

0 Likes
neogenx
First Poster
Options

Hello, Did you resolve the issue. I am currently experiencing the same problems with my shared folder over the network.

0 Likes
swfcowls
Apprentice
Options

Afraid, no solution and samsung don't seem interested ☹️

0 Likes
pwang
First Poster
Options

I have  TV and NAS on LAN both via LAN cable.   Got same problem.   (1)  Renamed the parent folder on NAS drive

(2) unplug power from TV for a minute or two  (3) turn TV back on   (4) found the newly named folder and it all worked.   (5)  The empty old, nonexistent folder still displayed on TV, just ignore that.   (for now)

0 Likes