Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV - no network cable detected

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 08:42 PM)
Ismailk
First Poster
Options

I am trying to connect my Samsung TV to the internet using a network cable. The wireless option works 100%. However I want to connect using the cable.

I plug the cable in and the light does go on at the tip of the CAT 6 cable but when I connect it says

"No network cable detected. To connect to your wired network, insert a network cable into the TV".

I have placed a laptop right next to the TV and connected the same network cable to the laptop and there areno issues. Also works 100%.

I have reset the settings , been through a software upgrade as well.

What else can I try?

Model: UA55M6000

Software version : T-KTSUABC-1280.5

44 REPLIES 44
StanfordSC
First Poster
Options

This also worked for us, as we have the Ubiquiti system that also enabled easy configuration and moderating/controlling these options. This was a great find and solution for those that are able. So for those that have a standard "of the shelf" system may not let this be your fix. In that case, the WiFi option (workaround as others called it) may be the best fix. I will post again if it doesn't last.

0 Likes
ShipKicker
Student
Options

Hey thanks. This "solution" has continued to work. I feel this issue is on Samsung as further research reveals that these "high end" TV's come with absolutely "low end" obsolete network cards. It is rather ridiculous but reality. I think Samsung actually wants you to use wi-fi connection hoping it will deliver more throughput than wired. Here is another interesting thread on the topic of Samsung cheaping out on the hardware consistently on all models..4K Q90R - One connect box 100mbit only?? - Samsung Community I know when I buy my next TV I will insure it supports at least a 1 GIG ethernet connection not 10/100 from 1995. I know wifi protocols and speeds have improved greatly over the years...but I like the wired connection as it is still more reliable. Shame on Samsung cheaping out here...

Ciren_Jules
Explorer
Options

I'm a tad confused - and interested - by this Reply. How does using Ubiquiti change anything? Whilst it's probably the most configurable home user router, with easy access to managing VLANs etc., there still need to be an Ethernet cable from the card in the TV to the device.  So if the issue is the onboard card, how does this solve the issue? Can you plse expand - thanks.

0 Likes
Ciren_Jules
Explorer
Options

Here's a quick update to my original Post on this topic. As I was using Powerline adaptors to link my main ASUS Router to an older ASUS model near the TV, I wondered if the phasing of the power circuit was influencing the behaviour of the ethernet card in the TV. Long story short, I recently bought a GL-inet AX1800 and GL-SF1200 (combined cost £130 - these are brilliant bits of kit btw!) and created a wireless 2.4G backbone between them to avoid Powerline. Then the same Cat 8 cable from a gigabit Port on the SF1200 to the TV. The result was after a while the streaming App. started to buffer - this needed an Exit and Restart of the App. I didn't see any 'No Network Cable' as I switched-back to WiFi on the new configuration....no issues at all for the rest of the stream.  This is more evidence, if needed, that the Card on this Model is faulty. Clearly it's a massively expensive fix if Samsung every 'owned-up' - they're happy, and probably very relieved - that WiFi is their no-cost 'fix'. Hope that help?  Do look into GL-inet if you're up for a new router - or like me, wanted to extend WiFi without going to Mesh etc. The solution I have is miles cheaper and works just fine 🙂

0 Likes
Mahcks
First Poster
Options

Cold boot is working for me so far. Hold down the power button on the remote until it restarted.

Stopped working pretty quick. Only option left is to have it serviced out of warranty.

0 Likes
Mahcks
First Poster
Options

Last night I had better luck wiping the port with a q-tip dipped in alcohol. Today I took it apart and hosed the main board down with CRC contact cleaner. Then I let it dry before I blasted the remaining moisture off with compressed air. It is working much better now, though it takes a couple minutes to connect after turning the TV on. Looks like minor cigarette smoke damage.

0 Likes
Ciren_Jules
Explorer
Options

Thanks for sharing this but I think it confuses the root-cause of the original Post.  Yours is about 'environment' issues with the Port itself (smoke dust) rather than 'No Ethernet Adaptor Detected' is due to a poor Ethernet Card inside the TV itself.

0 Likes
Ciren_Jules
Explorer
Options

Can't you just use WiFi?

0 Likes
Ciren_Jules
Explorer
Options

Quick Update:  Since implementing the WiFi backbone to the secondary router near the TV, the 'No Network Cable Detected' hasn't re-appeared. However, there is buffering when streaming using Ethernet whereas there isn't using WiFi.  I've tried this repeatedly a) at different times of the day b) with different Streaming platforms and c) with different Events/Content.  The outcome is consistently the same - WiFi streams without buffering; Ethernet (eventually) ends-up buffering and the App needs restarting.  This, in my mind, reinforces that it's the onboard Ethernet Card.  I've tried an (Apple) external Ethernet device in the USB Port but this isn't recognised by the TV operating system - I may retry this to isolate the onboard Card....has anyone else tried this?  Tbh I don't want to give this much more time as WiFi works ok and fixing an onboard Card is too much hassle (imo) 

0 Likes
NTE1968
First Poster
Options

I have a QN85, ran a Cat6 cable to it, same issue.  I bought a 1.6 ft Cat7 cable, and connected it to the Cat6 using an RJ45 coupler.  That solved the issue.  Haven't streamed much since I got the ethernet port working, will reply if there are any streaming or other issues that arise.  Working great so far!

0 Likes