Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tv needs full reset every morning.

(Topic created on: 30-10-2022 10:42 PM)
iggyav
First Poster
Options

Samsung UE50RU7020 tv needs full reset every morning.

Everything works fine then i turn tv off for the night.

When i turn tv back on i have no sound on sky q either soundbar or tv speakers & when i turn amazon firestick on i have black screen.

Only  way to get all working correctly is to do a full reset..

It's getting extremely annoying. 

Any solutions guys.?

7 REPLIES 7
Dan131
Apprentice
Options

@iggyav I have the same problem. Have you figured out a solution or do you do a reset each day? Putting my box into a manual standby each night seemed to improve things but I have not managed to find a solution that completely fixes it. 

tried various software updates on the box and tv. Have had my sky boxes replaced.

it seems there is a handshake issue between sky and Samsung…no idea who is at fault but seem these appliances just don’t like each other and struggle to communicate and hence the tv thinks that the connection has been lost but the green light on the box is on (well that is how mine is)…the strange thing is, when this happens I can’t put the box into standby using the remote…it’s like the box is freezing (not sure if it’s as a result of the bad handshake between the tv and the box). I have also had it where putting the box into a manual standby causes it to freeze in standby and won’t switch on…which results in the reset.

so I have no good solution yet. A couple of people suggested the following:

using a HDMI splitter, heard this has worked for some. Maybe by having a splitter the tv thinks it’s not communicating with a sky box (I have no idea)

next is a software update on the tv which is only available via a usb update. Someone on another forum told me they did this and it seemed to sort it but…it caused game mode to deteriorate (not sure how but I don’t game).

im interested to hear your story and any trouble shooting steps you have gone through and if any have worked?

cheers

0 Likes
iggyav1
First Poster
Options
Hi Dan

As my tv is guaranteed for 6 years.
Ive nad it 2 years.
I contacted the shop & they said it was the power board.
So they send a engineer who chsnged the power board.
Thought they fixed the problem as it didn't do it for 3 mornings.
***** it did it on the 4th night.
It now doesn't do it every morning so i've just got used to it.
0 Likes
Dan131
Apprentice
Options

@iggyav1 well that is annoying! I have a HDMI splitter coming tomorrow…no idea what that will do but you never know.

another thing I have noticed and it isn’t all the time if from time to time I experience audio blips…where it stutters for a split second but keeps doing this. I have no idea if this is another issue or all linked to the same communication issue between the box and the tv. Have you ever had this? I thought I would connect another tv and that was fine…when I reconnected my Samsung, this was fine again (wonder if removing and replacing the HDMI cable acted like a reset) 

a lot of these things seem to be sorted with a ‘switch on and off’ but come on that can’t be acceptable. 

Out of curiosity what are your standby settings on sky? Have you set these to none? Not sure why I ask as I think no settings changes are gonna fix this! 

0 Likes
Trent T
First Poster
Options

I have owned 4 Samsung  smart TV’s and every single one has had similar problems. I’d have to hard boot the tv every day because the internet would stop working and most of the apps would have issues after the tv would be turned off. Along with this, the UI would just freeze and be slow. I would even restore the tvs to factory settings and it wouldn’t fix anything. Had tech support on the phone many times and they couldn’t do anything.  TV’s ranged from 2017-2023. I’ll never buy another Samsung because of their garbage operating system/components. I’ve switched to LG and couldn’t be happier

Sue24
First Poster
Options

Because of the above with my TV, I won’t buy another Samsung even though I have bought Samsung always. 

Dan-the-man-
First Poster
Options

Same here, if I shut my q7 off for more than 1 hour I have to hold the power on the remote for 40 sec hard restarting the TV. Super annoying I've been doing it for 3 years now.

0 Likes
HelloMe1
First Poster
Options

Agreed. I bought my tv in January 2023 I have factory reset it no less than a dozen times. As I type I have reset it twice. 

0 Likes