Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV messed up my USB disk - after disconnecting disk is no longer readable

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 04:41 AM)
eMMGeee
Explorer
Options

Samsung TV (Q80 series) messed up my USB disk - after disconnecting disk from TV it is no longer readable by PC and also TV sees no files on this drive. Trying repair permissions to the drive failed. Disk appears in PC as inaccessible. 

PC shows alert: ""Drive is not accessible. Access is denied".  I lost many precious family movies!

Please advise.

46 REPLIES 46
muajajajaja
Journeyman
Options

I fixed it with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x03LIXXjJKA

Althugh, I can't seem to find a permanent fix for this. It's strange there aren't more users reporting it. This is happening on my Q70T 65''

Solution
muajajajaja
Journeyman
Options

I've finally found a solution. I contacted Samsung Support. They recommended formatting the drive I use with the Samsung TV as exFAT. Used default allocation unit size. The drive now works flawlessly and I can connect and reconnect to the TV without issues. Hope this helps.

David Corrales
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot, man. It DID WORK!!! After trying some other solutions and a recovery program (which didn't solve the problem), finally I have my files back. I owe U a few beers. Thanks again

0 Likes
Bone_Zee
First Poster
Options

Just bought a QN90 was watching media stored on the USB and suddenly it just dropped out unrecognizing the USB. Plugging into PC it's lost all the partitions on it.

Currently running a partition recovery though so far results look questionable, this is seriously disappointing for a piece of kit that is not cheap and consumers need to be warned that they could be heading for a world of pain and stress if the same happens to them.

Sort your house out Samsung, I'm unimpressed.

tvier
First Poster
Options

I used chkdsk command and it solved the problem : chkdsk /f e:

Where e: is the address of your usb connected to the PC

0 Likes
Members_TL8SGnx
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem. The files are all viewable when the ext.HD drive is plugged into the TV but when I connect it to my PC it asks me to format the drive (20 years of family photos/home movies etc). I decline and get message: "D:\ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognised file system. Please make sure that all system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted".

Tried the chkdsk /f d: fix and get a message saying: "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives".

Any help will be  gratefully recieved and any fix rewarded.

0 Likes
nicoMartinez
First Poster
Options

Could you solve the problem?

0 Likes
Members_2vMwM2n
First Poster
Options

Top! Life saver. Thx for sharing.

0 Likes
Chuffy
First Poster
Options

I had the same thing recently on an NTFS formatted disk, lost the lot, recovery software recovered about 10 movies 🤦‍. Now reformatted in Fat32 and so far so good. Only problem now is that in the Source list I can now see the disk drive twice, one is the newly formatted one with some movies on but the other one appears to be the old version that was corrupted, no option to eject it or anything. Have done a reset on the tv but it’s still there, any ideas?

0 Likes
m6mjv
Apprentice
Options

I’ve been doing this. But every time the TV then records to the HDD it shuts itself out on completion and can’t read the HDD. Running chkdsk unlocks it and I can read everything on it through the TV again… until the next recording.

0 Likes