Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Diseqc support

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 06:33 PM)
Borrat
First Poster
Options

I want to setup reception from at least 6 satellites.

My Samsung TV #AU9000(2021) claims it supports Diseqc 1.0. The dropdown list in the settings gives you six options: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, Tone A, Tone B. That should be enough for 6 satellites, right? Samsung probably didn't test such a switch, because support claims TV supports max 4 satellites. And that only after I pointed out what diseqc options are present in Samsung TV.

I tested with a switch that supports diseqc 1.0 + Tone A + Tone B. Unfortunately Samsung TV was able to switch ports on tones A and B only. 1x4 mode worked fine. I cannot tell if it's a bug of TV or the switch. It seems they aimed to support switches 1x4 and 1x2 only.

There is one more option - diseqc 1.2. There were switches already 20 years ago that emulated this protocol. I tried two such switches with Samsung - both failed in the same way. TV was able to remember last stored satellite only.

Has anyone tried Samsung TV with a real positioner? I mean, if it doesn't work, then it's a defect and I'm elibigle to return TV  to the retailer, right?

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0