Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv apps

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 03:04 PM)
Gov1
Student
Options

Just bought 2 samsung tv 50 and 65  type 90a. Due to my sat provider recommend tv`s that could use apps. However it seems that the Allente app ( Norway) stop cooperation with samsung in 2021 and could not help anymore. I tried to use the net site but the browser could not manage to stream films. After contacted Samsung they told med that the browser could not handle film streaming.

I would like to ask Samsung to make a browser available with power enough to stream movies or make it possible to use the allente app from google play ( I believe that it is called the all app).

I bought the 2 tv`s for stop using external boxes ,which they change very often for a high price, but ended up with solution that I still have to use the external boxes because of a simple app.

I expected a little more from Tizen  OS especially the browser 

I hope that Samsung can deliver an update e.g. Browser app or  make it possible to use a third party app !

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Gov1  can understand some frustration however it may be best to contact Allente  as to why cooperation with Samsung was stopped.  It  is unlikely the Tizen Browser will be updated in the near future  (as some customers have requested)  as Samsung prioritise the apps for video streams, the browser does not support Flash and there are limitations on HTML5.  In any case no Tv browser has the same capability as a computer.  see some information here :  https://www.lifewire.com/samsung-smart-tv-web-browser-4686055 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Gov1
Student
Options

I have been in contact with allente ( Norway) and their answer were as follow: 

"To the same extent as you, we would like the latest Samsung models
to work with the Allente app, but this is unfortunately not the case
at the moment. Samsung has changed its agreement which means that we are no longer compatible
with their latest TV models. We would very much like this not to be the case,
but at the moment, there is nothing we can do about it, as it has been up to
Samsung itself."

From my point of view it is Samsung that has changed the agreement.
To fix this Samsung has to change the agreement or you are stuck with the box.
However the tv is great in film mode, but a little irritating that if the
intelligent mode is used, you have to reset it to your own setting again, if
you disconnect the power when you are out for travel, you have to set up the
film mode again to your own favourite settings.
Sincerely
Gov

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Gov1  thanks for updating.    However this would suggest this would suggest hardware/software limitations which will not be easy to resolve.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes