Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV & Alexa

(Topic created on: 27-11-2021 07:06 PM)
MarcF
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

Just purchased a 43" AY7100 smart tv and lovely it is.

I want to connect it to my Alexa and, according to the instructions on the Samsung site, you just need to go to the Alexa app on the tv's home screen. However, the Alexa app isn't there. All 2021 tvs are supposed to be Alexa compatible of which the AU7100 is one so I'm a bit stumped.

Can anyone perhaps let me know f I've missed something glaringly obvious?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Eagleie
First Poster
Options

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking! I just bought this awesome TV last night, but as you guys all have been saying in this thread, I cannot find the voice assistant at all. I'd be happy with using Bixby on it, but if i had to use google assistant or Alexa then I'd happily do that as well.

Could you explain what I need to do to get either of these working on my TV? I'm sooooo confused! Do I need to buy google assistant or something?

Thank you in advance!

Options

Get google assistant on your android phone. On the TV go to settings, and scroll to the far right. Click google and the wizard will start. It all works well except for one bug; you cannot activate the service by saying OK Google. You need to press the button on simple remote and speak into remote. I’ve setup my tado thermostat and list on the tv too   

0 Likes
Options

dosn't work. try google assistant. that works

0 Likes
djb200
Apprentice
Options

Exactly same here. Just bought same model this week from John Lewis (April 2022), and no voice option.  It's not recognising Google Assistant either. Did you find anything helpful?

0 Likes
djb200
Apprentice
Options

Not working for me

0 Likes
Jason49
Student
Options

I have just installed a brand new AU7100 50inch brought from Amazon.  There is no 'voice' in the 'general' menu and no alexa app, and searching for alexa in the app store doesnt bring up anything.  I live in Kent, pretty sure there is no reason I cant have the alexa app on my TV like everybody else round here!!!

It's a 2021 TV and from what I can find ALL samsungs TV in that year came with the app?

I've never used bixby or google assistant or anything else like that but they are not there either!

Only spent 4 hours trying to get this work so far and the excitement of my new Samsung Smart TV is waning  fast.

0 Likes
Jason49
Student
Options
0 Likes