Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV & Alexa

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 09:39 PM)
MarcF
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

Just purchased a 43" AY7100 smart tv and lovely it is.

I want to connect it to my Alexa and, according to the instructions on the Samsung site, you just need to go to the Alexa app on the tv's home screen. However, the Alexa app isn't there. All 2021 tvs are supposed to be Alexa compatible of which the AU7100 is one so I'm a bit stumped.

Can anyone perhaps let me know f I've missed something glaringly obvious?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
AndrewL
Options

@MarcF: I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your new TV. To add Alexa as a voice assistant, please head to Home > Settings > General > Voice > Voice Assistant > Amazon Alexa, and you can adjust the settings here to your preference. If an app is required to establish a connection, press the Home button > Apps, and use the search function at the top of the screen to find and install the Alexa app. I hope this helps.  

0 Likes
MarcF
Apprentice
Options

Hi and thanks for your reply

Unfortunately, there is no Voice option in Settings>General and when I go to apps and search, Alexa doesn't come up although, frustratingly, there is an advert for it

AndrewL
Options

@MarcF: Where did you purchase the TV from, and where are you based. Page 141 of the user manual states that the feature may not be supported based on the geographical area.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202106/20210624133132618/OSNDVBEUA-6.0.0_EM_OSCAR_EU_E...

0 Likes
MarcF
Apprentice
Options

I'm based in the UK and purchased it from John Lewis (Dept Store). The specs on their website clearly states that it is compatible with Alexa.

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue43au7100-2021-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-43-inch-with-tvplus-black... 

Chezdizzy
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem 

MarcF
Apprentice
Options

I ended up downloading the Smart things app and set it up using that. Seems to work ok.

0 Likes
Options

How did you do that??

Options

So, I got my Q60aa 43 tv today from Marks Electrical at a great price

Booting up, it asks for a million-and-one details and accounts, inclusing alexa, which I was keen to try.

The way this is supposed to work is by pressing the microphone button and then saying “go to BBC1” . you don’t need to sat “Alexa”.

The TV acknowledges by repeating the channel and even says what’s on that channel, but then just sits there and does not switch channel. If I ask it to change volume that works.

Just for clarity I am using only on freesat

Does anybody know what im doing wrong?

0 Likes
Options

i disconnected Alexa, registered Google Assistant and all works fine. Its an Alexa app issue

0 Likes