Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TU8500 no sound

(Topic created on: 01-11-2020 09:12 AM)
reinbresser
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, please see problem below. 

I purchased a new Samsung TU7500 smart TV and paired it with a Virgin V6 TV box. However, while I have a picture, there is no sound . There is no sound on any of the apps, like Netflix or even when I scroll with control. I returned TV to Currys where they did a test with my cables and remote and sound in store worked perfectly, yet when I set it up in my home, no sound at all. I've been at this for over 10 hours and I am at a loss for the reason of no sound. I have tried all setting rebooting, nothing works. 

Many thanks for advice.

17 REPLIES 17
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
have you looked at the settings menu on the 📺, as there should be a sound setting. this will give you access to how the TV delivers the sound to you.
0 Likes
darkjakel30
First Poster
Options
have you tried switching WiFi channel had a similar problem hope this helps.
0 Likes
reinbresser
Apprentice
Options

Hi... Yes I've tried settings on TV. Cannot figure it out as when Currys tested it, sound worked perfectly. They used my cables and remote and did not do anything to settings

0 Likes
reinbresser
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the advice. I have no idea how to change the WiFi channel. Is this something that is easy to do? 

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
are the cables HMDI??
0 Likes
reinbresser
Apprentice
Options

Yes... I have tried a different cable and still no sound. 

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I have 5 cables on my system. I would suggest connecting you v6 to the TV ( just to see if the sound works) before you connect everything up
0 Likes
darkjakel30
First Poster
Options
hi there you can google how to WiFi channel and your service provider should give you step by step instructions its quite straight forward hope this helps.
0 Likes
Unlimited777
Student
Options

I've recently brought a new TV and had no sound from the TV. When I removed the stand I found it working.

0 Likes