Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TU8500 no sound

(Topic created on: 27-11-2020 09:09 PM)
reinbresser
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, please see problem below. 

I purchased a new Samsung TU7500 smart TV and paired it with a Virgin V6 TV box. However, while I have a picture, there is no sound . There is no sound on any of the apps, like Netflix or even when I scroll with control. I returned TV to Currys where they did a test with my cables and remote and sound in store worked perfectly, yet when I set it up in my home, no sound at all. I've been at this for over 10 hours and I am at a loss for the reason of no sound. I have tried all setting rebooting, nothing works. 

Many thanks for advice.

17 REPLIES 17
TonyTv999
Apprentice
Options

Is this problem resolved for you? 

I have same problem.

UHD 8500 (ue55tu8500u)

Picture is fine but no sound

I'm not using any external sound bar or anything else. 

I've tried Sky box via hdmi1, xbox via hdmi 2, and the YouTube app. 

None of them have any sound. 

So I think it's a problem with TV. I've tried factory reset but nothing worked.

Did you get it working? 

0 Likes
Unlimited777
Student
Options

Yes. I have the UHD 8510 (UE43TU8510U), which is basically a white framed model. I was going to send it back, but when i was removing the screws at the back of the TV, (to remove the stand the sound), it suddenly started working, and has been working ever since the screws are removed.

TonyTv999
Apprentice
Options

That's bizarre but I'll give it a shot.

I assume the screws are still in there but looser?

0 Likes
TonyTv999
Apprentice
Options

That worked! 

I unscrewed all 4 screws at the back of the stand. 

Then laid the TV down flat and sound worked. 

I screwed in screws tightly one by one and it still worked. 

Then I stood it up on stand again and it worked for 30 seconds before stopping again. 

I laid it on its back again and before I unscrewed stand again it started working again. 

So I figured when stand is screwed in and the TV is standing up there must be too much pressure exerted somewhere inside TV. 

So I screwed in screws one by one and left one screw quite loose. 

Then I stood it up and worked. 

So it's working right now. 

Would appreciate some guidance from Samsung on whether or not this is expected behaviour

Samsim
First Poster
Options

Worked for me! Thanks a lot 👍

0 Likes
Mustafa Masood
First Poster
Options

I have TU8500 model. I have one TV box and one dish receiver attached to it which I bought recently. Since attaching this dish TV receiver my TV sound causes problem. Some times it is working fine but after few on and off the overall volume of TV is off. I have reset my TV and sound settings. Tried different combinations of options still issue persist. When sound goes off it goes off for whole TV my second TV box, no TV sound, no youtube sound no sound on any application. Only option to get back sound is either wait for 20-25 minutes or power on and off TV from the plug. My TV is wall mounted. Please help me as I am in severe stress for past few days. 

0 Likes
TonyTv999
Apprentice
Options

Hey Mustafa 

The problem sounds similar to mine. When my sound stopped working it stopped on every source I tried (satellite box,  ps5, any of the built in apps). That meant I knew it was the TV and not anything external or a hdmi cable. 

My TV was not wall mounted, it was connected to the stand that came with it. As I said above the problem seemed to be related to how tight the stand was screwed into the TV. When I screwed them all tightly and stood the TV up the sound stopped. I loosened one of the screws and the problem went away and never happened again. I left the TV standing for about 2 years until I wall mounted it about 6 months ago. 

I had no problems when I wall mounted it. 

The only thing I'd suggest for you is to try to loosen some of the bolt's connected to your wall mount (as safely as you can) to see if that is causing the issue. 

I think (and I never got a reply from Samsung on this so I can't say for sure) when the bolt's are too tight I must push against something internally on TV and cause the problem. 

Let me know if any of this resolves your issue

0 Likes
Mustafa Masood
First Poster
Options

It is very difficult for me to loose screws of TV. Do you know any sound setting of hdmi ports which can stop this from happening? I am very much concern. One more thing I have two devices attached to my TV. When I remove dish TV device the other device just works perfectly fine. But when attached both devices that is dish box and other HD box simultaneously after sometimes when I switch on the sound of whole TV is gone. This might be related to that particular dish box. But in same way many times I can even hear sound from all boxes and TV. But after few on and off it completely shuts off also. 

0 Likes