Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG TU8000 4k TV Ambient mode

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 09:00 PM)
eszto
Student
Options

Hi everyone, 

Sor my problem is that when we got our tv like a month ago, the ambient mode worked really well, we could upload photos, or just watch the basic ones. But now, as I opened the "app" I can only see this basic (brownish) picture, and I can't leave that and go back to the menu. 
Does anyone has some tips? What can be the problem? And what can be the solution to that?

Thank you all! 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@eszto: Can you confirm if you are entering Ambient Mode via the dedicated button on the remote control, or via Home > Ambient Mode? Would you be able to try both approaches to see if the issues persists? Are you using the remote that came with the TV, or have you paired another remote from an external device? 

eszto
Student
Options

I tried both way, and none of them works sadly, 
and yes, I am using that remote that I got whit the TV in the box 
I also tried to turn off the tv several times

0 Likes
eszto
Student
Options

and also I opened it with the voice control bixby as well, that that did not work as well, as the other ones 😞 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@eszto: When you enter Ambient Mode, can you try hitting the Ambient Mode button or the Return button on your remote to bring up the Ambient Mode browser at the bottom of the screen? If you're able to do this, try selecting a content category to see if you're able to access you're images, or select your desired content from here. 

0 Likes
eszto
Student
Options

when i am in the ambient mode and I hit the ambient mode button, it only makes a sound, but nothing comes up 
and if I hit the home button, it just goes back - but there is nothing like ambient mode browser for me 

0 Likes
TopS
Explorer
Options

Hi,

maybe this is related to this problem here?

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-frame-43-2020-ambient-mode-keeps-loading/m-p/2068078

Anyway, there is not solution in this thread either. Maybe @AndrewL can investigate this a little more.

I tried everything like changing the consent in the privacy settings up to a full reset of the device. The only thing that helps is resetting the PSID, it seems, but this only helps for once. The next time Ambient Mode is opened the problem is back.

0 Likes
eszto
Student
Options

So sadly these and Andrews tips did not work. 
But for anyone with this problem, I advise you to try to control it with your mobile device, with the SMART THING app. 
That app solved my problem immediately!

0 Likes