Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung the squeaky clean brand and then the other side....

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 08:14 PM)
ScolgaMVP
Explorer
Options

I sit here looking at my Samsung phone, getting drinks out my Samsung double fridge, washing my clothes with a Samsung washing machine, drying them with my Samsung tumble dryer.  Samsung make good products right?  Well, yes and well no, though they are not entirely all rubbish products (I'm just letting off steam) I am pleased with most of my appliances.  I do find they turn a blind eye to the obvious and blatantly ignore a few "sales pitches" from the past.  Let me have my whine and let me take you back 10 years to my first "excuse me what did you just do(say)"!? see THIS. 

Going back 5 years or so they stopped support for my Chromebook so I called them and asked them what happened to the support of the "Always new computer"?  They said its too old?  I said "see the video you made, it states it's always new"?  So if its old you need to send me a new one because this is an always new computer right"?  Well I didn't get a new Chromebook, they stopped supporting it and I had to accept it and that was that?

Lets move on to 2017.  I bought a JS9000 series 48" 4K "future proof" TV.  The "sales pitch" was the brain is on the outside via the one connect box so you just need a new box and you will always have a new TV.  Well they dropped support for the JS series and because of this in the US they were taken to court and the outcome was they miss-sold the TV.  Shortly after the ruling the SEK-4500 one connect box turned up that needed the original SEK-3500 one connect box to run on and with that some features were unavailable so it was a downgrade not an upgrade but hey they tried to "help the consumer".  Then the TV started suffering from light bleed on the edges which got worse over time.  The warranty was out so I thought I'll get it fixed then.  Well you can't fix it because its caused by THIS ISSUE and you can't buy the panels anymore or the diffuser sheet to replace it.  I started searching the internet and found THIS and THIS!  Over time everyone who has the TV is in fact getting the same issues?  Now when Samsung were asked about the burning diffuser panel issue they said that there were no known burning issues.  So again, my "always new" TV was old and now has bad light bleed.

Last week to replace the "4 year old out of date slightly unfixable faulty 4K TV", I purchased from Currys PC World a lovely Samsung QE55Q700T 8K TV.  Well...  Lasting just a whole day, The TV picture goes off  (the back lights are still on) and the sound still comes through my...Yep you guessed it HWJ6500 Samsung soundbar.  I have to turn the TV off for 5 minutes before it repeats.  I called and was told that the TV is out of stock and no more stock of that TV would be getting replenished!?  So I opted for the repair route as it has a 5 year guarantee and I sneaked online again to find THIS .

Do I have the right to be disappointed?  I'm open to looking at it from another prospective.  I'm off to get a beer out my Samsung fridge and wait to see what the responses are.  I either take things too literally, I'm hard to please, or unlucky.  Either way Its been costly being a Samsung fan boy...

2 REPLIES 2
Julia1231
Apprentice
Options

I am certainly not a happy camper at the moment with Samsung either so happy to hear someone else is feeling the same way. Purchased a new  55” Q60A QLED 4K HDR SMART TV a month ago with their slim line wall mount. When installing the aerial into the back of the TV the TV fell off the wall mount! Shocked to say the least as you would never expect that to happen. Have entered into discussion with Samsung who refuse to replace the TV as not covered under warranty! We are exceptionally disappointed that they refuse to acknowledge that they have effectively sold us a wall mount which is totally not fit for purpose which led to the damage in the first place.  This whole episode has only managed to reaffirm our love for SONY products, will not be giving Samsung another chance as they clearly don't value their customers.

ScolgaMVP
Explorer
Options

16281521437415629863415556774496.jpg

16281525001157592376010194894087.jpg

I had a Samsung wall mount disaster!!!   But luckily the other side stayed held on.  They said I over tightened it but it isn't possible to over tighten!! See the pictures.  Shocking!!

0 Likes