Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung The Frame - Google Photos integration?

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 05:47 PM)
StarSeeker
First Poster
Options

Hi all, hoping someone can help. I am thinking of buying a Samsung The Frame to display my large photo collection, but one of the things I would really like is if The Frame can integrate with Google Photos to show albums I have on there. I see this is an option on the Lenovo Smart Frame, but Samsung's digital frame effort is a lot larger so would prefer this. Would anyone know please if The Frame can integrate with Google Photos?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@StarSeeker: I was unable to find any information about Google Photos integration on The Frame TV, however please be aware that it is possible to view photos and videos synced with Samsung Cloud via Home > Gallery, if you have signed in with your Samsung account. For more information, please check page 65 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202101/20210118161843905/NIKDVBEUT-3.1.1_EM_NIKE_EU_EN...

0 Likes
peejee
Apprentice
Options

Is there any way to get Google Photos in the list of (re)sources? See attached photo.

This menu is the My photo's menu in the Art mode menu of the Frame (Smart Things - The  Frame - Art Mode- My photos)

IMG_1489.jpg

k8jones
First Poster
Options

Totally agree with wanting this to be possible, but since this question was posted almost a year ago with no replies, I'm guessing this won't happen. Which really stinks.

EGOTRIP1979
First Poster
Options

I was planning on buying one of these, but if I can't link it to Google Photos, the way I do with my Google Hubs, then it's a deal breaker for me. Guess I'll go to Hobby Lobby and buy a few collage frames, while The Hub in my kitchen and at my parent's keeps flipping thru photos, new and old, of my son's entire life...

0 Likes
mindeeforman
First Poster
Options

I would also like to see this functionality. It's obnoxious that we can't select it. Samsung, are you listening??

ghabre
First Poster
Options

We can probably just plug a Chromecast to achieve this. Has anyone tried this? Will any hdmi input source work when the tv is used as frame? Cause i was hoping this tv had a special low power frame mode and wasn't just tv when used as frame, u know to save on both power bills and sore eyes in a bedroom. Does it?

As general rule i focus on picture quality and integration capabilities when buying a tv so google photos does not need to come built in, maybe in 5 years we want another source..

0 Likes