Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung T5300 unable to connect to cellular hotspot

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 06:55 PM)
Danjamin
Apprentice
Options

I have a 32 inch Samsung T5300 which is connected perfectly to my wireless network. However, when I try to connect it to my iPhone cellular hotspot it will not connect. The TV can find the connection but it fails when trying to connect.

I tried to connect to my wife’s iPhone earlier and it worked, the only difference between the two phones is she was running iOS 14.8 & I was running iOS 15.5. I have updated my software to iOS 15.6.1 this evening but I’m still unable to connect.
I have tested the hotspot with other devices and it works perfectly. I’ve tried all the usual solutions (turn off/on again, reset network status, reset TV, etc.) but nothing works.

Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution?

#T5300 

12 REPLIES 12
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

Im having the same problem, Hello, I recently set up a new iPhone running OS 16.2  and my TV UE32T5300AKXXU will not connect to my personal hotspot running on EE The IP settings are all empty apart from the Mac address which I do not know is correct or not. Wireless connection finds my hotspot network but will not accept the password for that. I have tried a software update and get the answer "no new updates",  but does it not need a connection to the internet to update? to which I can't connect,  the current version is 2400   Do you have any advice please? Thank you. 

0 Likes
WarrenJ
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem.

@Samsung - Is there any time period when we should expect a Software Update to fix this?

Also, I'm in Australia and the FoxTel application is not preloaded on this TV and it doesn't show up in the available list of Apps, even though the sales advertisement says "FoxTel" is a "Compatible Video Streaming App"!

Thanks.

0 Likes
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

The only way I could solve it was by buying an Amazon Fire stick. Hope that can help you, dont expect Samsung to help anytime soon! 

0 Likes