Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung T5300 unable to connect to cellular hotspot

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 06:55 PM)
Danjamin
Apprentice
Options

I have a 32 inch Samsung T5300 which is connected perfectly to my wireless network. However, when I try to connect it to my iPhone cellular hotspot it will not connect. The TV can find the connection but it fails when trying to connect.

I tried to connect to my wife’s iPhone earlier and it worked, the only difference between the two phones is she was running iOS 14.8 & I was running iOS 15.5. I have updated my software to iOS 15.6.1 this evening but I’m still unable to connect.
I have tested the hotspot with other devices and it works perfectly. I’ve tried all the usual solutions (turn off/on again, reset network status, reset TV, etc.) but nothing works.

Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution?

#T5300 

12 REPLIES 12
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Is your phone and TV on the same network
Danjamin
Apprentice
Options

No, that’s not the issue, I want to use my phone as the internet source for the tv, I don’t want to connect them both on a separate wi-do network.

The TV can find my phone as a wireless network but it can’t connect. It encounters issues with automatically pulling the IP address, etc.

0 Likes
Danjamin
Apprentice
Options

No, not the issue. I have tried to connect to the phone when there is no other wireless network in range, the phone works fine as a hotspot for other devices and the TV can find it when I search for wireless networks, it just can’t connect. It keeps encountering issues when trying to get the IP address, etc. 

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
So u are looking to tether the phone to the TV?? You need to make sure that you can teather your phone then set the TV to get it's signal from your phone

Not an easy thing to do
0 Likes
Danjamin
Apprentice
Options

Exactly, I want to use my cellular data as a hotspot for the tv. It’s not something I’ve ever had a problem with, even on older model Samsung TV’s. This is the first TV I’ve ever had a problem with. 
The phone works perfectly as a hotspot for other devices, I’ve downloaded files, streamed content, I’ve even used it for work with no issues. But for some reason this TV is having trouble connecting to it. 

0 Likes
An130
Student
Options

Hi Danjamin

i just brought the same tv and having exactly the same problem trying to connect my iPhone on hotspot. My partners iPhone connected fairly easily yet I’m still trying. 
Have you had any success or can you suggest anything.

cheers 

0 Likes
An130
Student
Options

Yes I’m experiencing the same have you found a way as yet ?

0 Likes
Danjamin
Apprentice
Options

No, unfortunately I have not found a solution to this issue, I spoke with a store assistant where I bought the TV & they said that sometimes after software upgrades it can take a while for security settings between phone & TV to sync. Sounds like a bit of a nonsense answer. I'm working around the issue by using my PS4 (which tethers perfectly) connected to the TV for apps but it defeats the purpose of having a SMART TV. Would not recommend this TV if you're looking to use anything other than a home WI-FI/wired connection. Very disappointed with Samsung. 

0 Likes
Danjamin
Apprentice
Options

It seems like this is in fact a compatibility issue as confirmed with Samsung support

Screenshot 2022-11-16 120255.png

0 Likes