Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TVs work upstairs - not down

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 10:01 PM)
DonkeySausage
Student
Options

Hello! 

The Samsung Smart TV in my lounge went into a constant restart cycle this morning. I've left if off. Tried again. Disconnected from wall for an hour. Reconnected - still doing the restarting thing. Been on forums for hours. Batteries changed in remote, etc etc. Nothing. 

So..... I took the Samsung Smart TV from my bedroom upstairs and tried that downstairs. It too went into the restart cycle. I tried both TVs in different plug sockets in the lounge and again they went into the restart phase. 

I have taken my big lounge TV up to the bedroom to test - and it works fine. 

I took it bad downstairs to the lounge and it's doing the restart thing again. 

I took it back upstairs - it's fine. 

Ideas? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
DODGEPHOENIX
First Poster
Options
hello,
sounds like a network related issue downstairs. do you have it hard wired to the network hub downstairs. I ask this as mine did this for a few days it was running through the WiFi not hard wired, so I plugged it in to the hub and allowed it to restart and do its download and it seemed to resolve the problem I gather it was a dodgy update and missed something over the WiFi and a hard wired approach seemed to fix it
hope it helps
0 Likes
Solution
DonkeySausage
Student
Options

I've sorted it! 

Turns out, for reasons that are beyond me, the restarting thing was happening when the TV was plugged into an extension cable. I tried plugging it directly into the wall socket and problem solved! 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like you need an electrician. The TV clearly are OK but it's an issue I haven't come across before.
0 Likes