Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TVs work upstairs - not down

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 04:49 PM)
DonkeySausage
Student
Options

Hello! 

The Samsung Smart TV in my lounge went into a constant restart cycle this morning. I've left if off. Tried again. Disconnected from wall for an hour. Reconnected - still doing the restarting thing. Been on forums for hours. Batteries changed in remote, etc etc. Nothing. 

So..... I took the Samsung Smart TV from my bedroom upstairs and tried that downstairs. It too went into the restart cycle. I tried both TVs in different plug sockets in the lounge and again they went into the restart phase. 

I have taken my big lounge TV up to the bedroom to test - and it works fine. 

I took it bad downstairs to the lounge and it's doing the restart thing again. 

I took it back upstairs - it's fine. 

Ideas? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DonkeySausage
Student
Options

I've sorted it! 

Turns out, for reasons that are beyond me, the restarting thing was happening when the TV was plugged into an extension cable. I tried plugging it directly into the wall socket and problem solved! 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
DODGEPHOENIX
First Poster
Options
hello,
sounds like a network related issue downstairs. do you have it hard wired to the network hub downstairs. I ask this as mine did this for a few days it was running through the WiFi not hard wired, so I plugged it in to the hub and allowed it to restart and do its download and it seemed to resolve the problem I gather it was a dodgy update and missed something over the WiFi and a hard wired approach seemed to fix it
hope it helps
0 Likes
Solution
DonkeySausage
Student
Options

I've sorted it! 

Turns out, for reasons that are beyond me, the restarting thing was happening when the TV was plugged into an extension cable. I tried plugging it directly into the wall socket and problem solved! 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like you need an electrician. The TV clearly are OK but it's an issue I haven't come across before.
0 Likes